Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coin Collecting  (Read 2680 times)

sea.mariner

Coin Collecting
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:33:36 am »

I have just been handed a small box of old pennies and old half pennies some dating back to 1870's. I was wondering if anyone on here collects coins so when I type a list out with there dates and info etc maybe they could tell me their value (if they still have any?). Regards, Dan.

craftysod

Re: Coin Collecting
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 12:21:27 pm »

I have hundreds of them in my collection,unfortunately their not worth anything.
But there are a couple of rare dated ones,which i cannot recall the years,going to have to
check what years they are and recheck my collection
Mark

craftysod

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 01:31:52 pm »

Here is a link you can start from mate

Mark
http://www.24carat.co.uk/1954pennyframe.html

craftysod

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 07:41:33 pm »

I was given lots by old relatives,and my father was an ex bank manager,who started me off.
Dont collect anymore,just got what i have,probably worth something,must check oneday

Bradley

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 07:53:52 pm »

If anyone finds a 1933 penny keep very quiet about it and enter it for the next coin auction.  Ony about 3 minted and one still missing and reckoned to be worth thousands.  :-)) ;) :-)

Derek.

craftysod

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 08:18:09 pm »

Got my hopes up when i was given some roman coins,not worth much but my 1933 penny might find a couple of quid  {-)
Mark

Bradley

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 10:08:45 pm »

Hope you are going to cut me in, Mark, with a share of the profits seeing as I told you about it.  :-)) :-)) :-)) {-) {-) {-)

Derek.

craftysod

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 10:25:06 pm »

Sorry Derek
The Aston Martin,house renovation,swimming pool(god know in this country) has drained the resourses
Buy you a cuppa though
Mark

Nordsee

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 04:34:17 pm »

There were some pennies minted in 1938 ( I think) with Edward VII or VII, anyway, the Prince of Wales who went of with Mrs Simpson. Him, well they were a short prooving run. Some of them are out there somewhere, worth a Fortune as well........................

piker

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 03:17:26 pm »

hi

i go metal detecting, i have coins made  before the birth  christ,  celtic staters

i also found a roman hoard of coins.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.