Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My new Roundnose hydro (Thunderboat)  (Read 8005 times)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
My new Roundnose hydro (Thunderboat)
« on: March 24, 2009, 07:11:31 pm »

Hi guys i thought id share my new roundnose hydro,i built the plug and moulds myself and these are the first parts out of the mould.This one is for a good friend of mine ,hes using the new rcmk motor to power it.I used my Rockett from zippkits as my inspiration using the same angles on the sponsons and ride surfaces with the permission of Joe the designer of the zippkit.Shes 49" long 23" wide and i widened the opeing on the hatch compaired to my zipp as i wanted more room for people to work when installing things.The parts still need some trimming and i haven't buffed them up yet but i just wanted to share some pics of my progress.The bulkhead isn't fixed in yet as i want to test fit the motor and design my rails for mounting around that,ill be adding a cpl of small bulkheads under the deck between the transom and the main one for extra support for the deck opening etc.The top is just taped in place at the moment to test fit things but she doesn't look bad so far.Theres only two minor blemishes in the gelcoat that will need some attention but a little gelcoat filler will sort those out.The canopy is a work in progress so ill post pics of that as i go.Feel free to add comment or ask any questions etc.Trying to think up a name,so far comet is favourite as it has some connection to the originals name lol.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
Re: My new Roundnose hydro (Thunderboat)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 03:44:29 pm »

Heresa  few more pics,my mate who is having this one sent me his motor so i can custom fit the rails and predrill them for his mounts etc.Helps me design the framework i wanted to install to stiffen up this hull.I just need to tidy up the rails and cutout for the carb and cut a cpl more small bulkheads to go outside the rails to add support to the deck and stiffen the sides etc.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:04:03 pm »

few more pics for those interested  %).,just need to fix the deck on and make the mould of the cowling from the plug.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 01:15:50 am »

wow 140 views no coments,someone posts something orriginal all built from scratch and not one comment ?Oh well  %)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 01:19:01 am »

Oh she also does the buisness where it matters for those interested  heres her maiden voyage just running in 4th tank ,looks dam fast even though shes not at full tilt yet  :o   nice going Wayne {-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLJP0PrWkxs

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 07:16:58 am »

wow 140 views no coments,someone posts something orriginal all built from scratch and not one comment ?Oh well  %)
You want comments..... not too keen on the shirt mate  :} Hydro looks good and seems to run well. Only wish I had the time you do to play and indulge in the hobby.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 11:31:40 am »

Well its not spare time anymore mate im building a cpl of boats a week now,not much time to run em lateley either.This thing should be a bullet once hes run that motor in,couldnt be happier with it and Wayne seems pleased with how she runs which is more important  :-).Thanks for the coment Ian,guess most of em are only  interested in slow boats  {-).
Mart

brodjack

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 03:15:53 pm »

Looking good Mart,very fast,great peaceful lake too.
Dont worry about the posts.if your happy who cares :-))
Tell him to send some pics of the inside.
Taking my Hydro again after tea tonite.I'll try to get some video this time........
Brod.....

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 04:31:35 pm »

Cheers mate heres a pic he took of the inside,ill look forward to seeing your vids .I need to get the rockett running again im getting an itchy trigger finger  ok2 ,stripped the carb after having problems with it not reving fully and it seems fine so not sure what it is maybe a new plug needed.Need to check my carb linkage also see if thats the problem as i want to take her out again hopefully next week.
Mart

mook

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 05:59:53 pm »

It looks good to me  O0

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:02:54 pm »

Cheers mate  :-))

gwa84

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 07:55:03 pm »

nice build bud cant wait to get mine on the go soon still collecting parts at the mo lol

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 09:34:31 pm »

If i can help you with anything gime a shout mate,did you print the plans yet for the vee?.
Mart

Stavros

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 10:21:18 pm »

Mart could you please tell me what the weight of a bare  hull and cover are,you got me thinking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant poss tell you if I did I would have to killl you ok2

Stav

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 10:32:58 pm »

Stav the bare weight of hull and cowl is arround 4.2kg or there abouts,dont have another made up yet to check but its arround there id say.Now you got me thinking too lol.
Mart.

andyn

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 10:37:02 pm »

cant poss tell you if I did I would have to killl you ok2

Stav's got ideas for making his rescue boat go faster again....

In the words of all the chavvy small kids round our town 'cool boat mate' ;)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 11:04:17 pm »

Cheers mate

brodjack

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 12:23:50 am »

Cheers mate heres a pic he took of the inside,ill look forward to seeing your vids .I need to get the rockett running again im getting an itchy trigger finger  ok2 ,stripped the carb after having problems with it not reving fully and it seems fine so not sure what it is maybe a new plug needed.Need to check my carb linkage also see if thats the problem as i want to take her out again hopefully next week.
Mart

Well mine is having similar problem,tonite after about 3 fast circuits it died.Started great but wouldnt pull high revs at all,then died,tried richening,leaning ,strut height,differant props,no avail.
Just no real Zen7 power.
it could be creatng a vauum in the tank,bu the lines seem clear.
Stripped the motor down and it seems fine,puzzled?????

These boats are not like my helis where i can just go in the yard and test fly,its all the way to Fleetwood.

Brod...

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 09:25:00 am »

Sounds like my problem,i changed to an iv bag for next time so i hope thats fixed it.Mind you she used to run ok for about 20 mins with the hard tank before she died it was just the last time out and i wondered if shed injested some water into the carb as the little hatch cover had fell inside and it was very windy and choppy.Out of interest Brod which way round is your tank facing i had mine wrong way where clunk was facing forward silly me,Danny at sonic racing mentioned that to me id never thought of that before but he says to face the tank the other way so the clunk or piccup tube is facing the back as when the boats going fast the fuel is pushed to that end of the tank especially when its only half full so the clunk gets left sucking air makes sense i reckon.
Mart

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 11:25:37 am »

I had some nice decals custom made for the t boats too in two versions each name is 10" long 1 1/2" high,the zigzag stripe is 50" long to go full length down either side of the cowl on the deck.Also got some monster decals in black and gold for any other boats i have very reasonably priced and great quallity too.

brodjack

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 11:38:58 am »

Sounds like my problem,i changed to an iv bag for next time so i hope thats fixed it.Mind you she used to run ok for about 20 mins with the hard tank before she died it was just the last time out and i wondered if shed injested some water into the carb as the little hatch cover had fell inside and it was very windy and choppy.Out of interest Brod which way round is your tank facing i had mine wrong way where clunk was facing forward silly me,Danny at sonic racing mentioned that to me id never thought of that before but he says to face the tank the other way so the clunk or piccup tube is facing the back as when the boats going fast the fuel is pushed to that end of the tank especially when its only half full so the clunk gets left sucking air makes sense i reckon.
Mart
Tank sideways on,its almost full,'aint empty 'cause it dosnt run long enough. {:-{
I reckon its pointing to the manifold flange leaking water into the cylinder,never liked these designs.My Zen7 one was heavily pitted with salt water after a 7-8 gallons throught it.
Ordered 3 Inane boats no leak ones.
I'll try Jacks one in it and also swop coils  for some new ones i have spare.
I get my decals from Tony(Stoddy).
Brod....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.