Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Would you mind me making a couple of changes to the garden, dearest?"  (Read 2300 times)

FullLeatherJacket

tolnedra

• Full Mayhemer

LIke, WOW!!! I'm not a particular railway enthusiast, but that is sure some layout!

Danny

swordfish fairey

We visited Hamburg last year and paid a visit to the model railway, it's housed in one of the old dockside warehouses. It is extremely good value for money, we had a public transport pass and got a discount on the entrance. The section with the boats is unbelieveble, with the ships all lit up when the lights go down to simulate night and moving about on their own. All in all well worth a visit if you go to Hamburg that is in itself worth a visit for all ship enthusiasts... :-)) :-)) :-))............Smudge

swordfish fairey

Just a couple more :-)).........Smudge

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!

Very nice, but no wonder I can't get any n gauge gear off ebay, they're buying it all up.  <*<
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

swordfish fairey

You can't blame them bartapuss, they're running HO gauge. I do agree with you, there does seem to be a shortage of N on Ebay, especially continental. {:-{.......Smudge

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble

Anyone remember the large layout at Alton Towers years ago??

It might still be there?

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer

the company i work for own alton towers and we are there quite often, i dont thinks its around anymore ! {:-{

the pictures from hamburg are great !- its a great location ! ( we also now have one of their technicians working for us !!!)

the other place that has some great models are madurodam the model village place in holland, near the hague, not been there for about 4 years but i remember it being very good, and their marine models being to a very high standard

better than the models at mini europe in brussels which i thought were over simplified...
all in all its just another brick in the wall......

Rex Hunt

Is there still a good one at Trago Mills in deepest Devon?

Rex

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer

There is a huge layout at Clecy in Normandy too. http://www.chemin-fer-miniature-clecy.com/

Well worth a visit if you are in the area. Clecy is a gem as well.

Colin

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
Re: "Would you mind me making a couple of changes to the garden, dearest?"
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 08:18:53 pm »

Must have driven past Clecy a hundred times on the way to and from the ferry or the Normandy beaches. Seen the signs but never stopped.

Next time! Thanks, Colin.
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.