Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Marker buoys  (Read 1348 times)

nharvey

Missing Marker buoys
« on: March 27, 2009, 08:25:37 pm »

Missing Marker Buoys.

Between Sunday 15th March and Wednesday 18th March 6 marker buoys were removed unlawfully from Cadover Bridge boating lake.
Due to the location of the lake, within Dartmoor National Park (miles from habitation), we are unable to erect any structure to store equipment therefore the marker buoys are permanently in position.
The incident has been reported to the local police. :police:
We have a suspicion of the culprit/culprits but are unable to prove. :-))
Whilst the loss of the markers is not a significant expense the relaying logistics is an annoyance.
The lake is old Clay pit an as such has significantly varying depths up to 30ft. 
Does anyone have a similar experience and suggestions for avoiding a repeat occurrence ?

My solution is something to do with mines and guns but I suppose thats not PC to say the least.

<*<

catengineman

Re: Missing Marker buoys
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:51:30 pm »

I am sorry that your markers have been removed, I would think that you are able to drive your vehicles to the lake side, so could say a club member not remove the markers and transport to a storage point, or is that totally out of the question.
Reading that the lake can be 30 ft deep then I would assume there is a requirement for a small boat to place and remove the markers.
I know that this may sound weird but I have used an inflatable dingy that I have pumped up with the aid of a 12v pump driven from my car to rescue one vessel trapped by weed.

All the same I hope your troubles are over regarding this type of occurrence

R

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 10:49:56 pm »

thinking laterally here,
as the bouys are planted in such deep water presumably with the need of a boat, are you sure they have been nicked and not just used as target practice by some numpty with a 12 bore, and sunk on spot without trace. :(( :((

TCC

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:17:07 pm »

We're these proper store-bought bouys? If so, use empty pop bottles that have no value thus won't get nicked for their value.

If it was done for a 'let's cause the model boat club crief' motive, that won't stop them.

Was it divers who've knotted the line below the surface?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.