Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What motor ?  (Read 4404 times)

northsider1

What motor ?
« on: March 26, 2009, 07:24:52 pm »

Hi every one.
Recently i finished building a Bait Boat for fishing, complete with bait hoppers and sonar. I decided to push it along with 2x1100 gallong per hour 12v pumps.
Wednesday saw its maiden voyage but to be honest i was a bit disappointed with the way it performed. It was ok but a bit slow. The pumps just didnt seem to have enough humph in them. So now i have decided to change things around and power it with 2 props. This boat is about 39" long and being made of fibreglass is a bit on the heavy side.
I was thinking of using 2x 3" 4 blade props as i have used these on a build i finished about a year ago ( Northsider ans Ironsider from Tyne Side Models) a pair of working tugs and these seemed to work very well and had loads of pulling power.
I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what motors to go for and with using 2 props would i need a lefthand and righthand screw.

dan

Re: What motor ?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 07:38:39 pm »

you could try MMBs motors     http://www.marksmodelbits.co.uk/
i think he does have a few more that are not listed on the site, but im not 101% sure, if you contact him he'll give you the info you need 

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:16:54 pm »

Those motors are superb, but you will only need 6 volts.
They rev about 4000 on 6 volts, almost 9000 on 12 and fly on 18 volts, about 12000 but with a lot of torque.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

northsider1

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 08:37:28 am »

Thats what i need loads of torque. They have got to  move a fair bit of weight around especially at the start of the run.
Thanks for you help. :-)) :-))

nick_75au

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 03:02:18 am »

Just a quick reply, try a nozzle reducing the diameter of the outlet of the pump may help. But if you go for props opposite rotating props will be a slight advantage in keeping the boat in a straight line but not entirely necessary.
Nick

RongTick

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 06:46:03 am »

Do you know Tenshock Motor?i use their Motor.i think it is good.You can try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries.