Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F.M.M.G. would like to make contact with Sheringham Model Boat Club ?  (Read 4297 times)

Noah

Fenland Marine Model Group would like to make contact with Sherringham Model Boat Club, with a view to attending your regatta this year. Please contact bob.durrant@nationalexpress.com & cc bob.fmmg@btinternet.com Many thanks

biggles1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: F.M.M.G. would like to make contact with Sheringham Model Boat Club ?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 09:24:24 pm »

Went out for a drive today ended up at Sherringham ,visited the boat lake and it was completely empty of water, hope this is not permanent anybody know.?  Dave 

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

I was going to go to Sherringham yesterday but rain-stopped-play.

Found this on Google maps, don't know how old the images are...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=52.945497,1.204696&panoid=LrfEW330AOvG8d9xxALFtA&cbp=12,328.64,,1,4.61&ll=52.945483,1.204805&spn=0,0.055189&z=14
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Rex Hunt

looks fairly current.

Blue liner to pond done last year!

rex

sentry

Am on holiday nearby from the 25th and was going to call in on this club on the Sunday the 27th hope its full of water by then
              Regards Sentry

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Sailing at Sheringham & Southampton Tug.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 02:55:50 pm »

Well, I finally got to Sheringham yesterday AND actually had a working model boat with me!
 Actually we had two, my 'adopted' big brother Pete also brought his Springer.
 It's a bit of a trek up from Peterborough to Sheringham..."The Long and Winding Road" by the Beatles comes to mind!
 But it was a hot sunny day and a lovely cool breeze and to took sandwiches.

I took my RTF ( Ready To Float! ) Southampton tug but fitted 7.2volt 2.3AH nicad instead of the pathetic 0.6AH battery
 supplied. The boat took on a bit of a list with the bigger battery but this was corrected  after being rammed in the side by
 Pete's Springer which 'repositioned' the loose battery. With the 2.3AH battery the Southampton ran happily for over 2 hours
 without any signs of running down. Steering is "adequate" but independent motor control on the two motors would be
 an advised upgrade ( most people do ). It's a bit "whinney" at full power, I guess the gearbox need more grease and the
 steering astern is useless.... great boat though, 8/10.

We didn't meet anyone at the pond / pool / lake untill we were about to leave, (Colin I think he told me, nice orange MG!), he told me there isn't actually a Sheringham model boat club, just  'a bunch of guys that like sailing model boats.'

Overall a great pool and a great location.... especially yachts!

BTW: They are having a boat show there 1 August - http://www.sheringhamcarnival.co.uk/

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.