Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downing St E-petitions  (Read 4136 times)

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
Downing St E-petitions
« on: March 28, 2009, 08:40:56 pm »

Has anyone had a look at all the E-petitions on the Downing St website?
I signed one for the Vulcan and the Fisheries on here and decided to have a nosy about.
There is some on there that should have the originator shot or exciled to another planet.
1 petition is for Jade Goody to get a state funeral  >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

I thought that prior to being put on the Downing St website these petitions were vetted.
Stupid petitions like the 1 above just makes this utility look like a total waste of time

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Downing St E-petitions
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 10:12:20 pm »

Has anyone had a look at all the E-petitions on the Downing St website?
I signed one for the Vulcan and the Fisheries on here and decided to have a nosy about.
There is some on there that should have the originator shot or exciled to another planet.
1 petition is for Jade Goody to get a state funeral  >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

I thought that prior to being put on the Downing St website these petitions were vetted.
Stupid petitions like the 1 above just makes this utility look like a total waste of time
Just goes to show how well the education, education, education dictum is working then. What a sorry state we are in. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 11:24:04 pm »

As we live in a democracy, some people may, and indeed are entitled, to feel that giving Jade Goody a State Funeral is just as important as keeping an obsolete piece of military hardware in the air. Not everyone of the 60 million or so population of this country shares your values, guys. They may be pratts, but that's their privilege, and they are just as entitled to express an opinion as the rest of us.

Rick

PS Before anyone jumps on me, I spent several years servicing Vulcans in my long and undistinguished RAF career.

DARLEK1

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:32:11 pm »

I have one for Downing street petitions!

Any chance of an extension for free on the NHS for my "little man"? And or the wife's mellons? Let alone someone who wants a drug to get em off drugs??????????????????????????????????? >>:-(

:o :o :o :o :o

Paul... :-)

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 12:42:37 am »

As we live in a democracy, some people may, and indeed are entitled, to feel that giving Jade Goody a State Funeral is just as important as keeping an obsolete piece of military hardware in the air. Not everyone of the 60 million or so population of this country shares your values, guys. They may be pratts, but that's their privilege, and they are just as entitled to express an opinion as the rest of us.

Rick

PS Before anyone jumps on me, I spent several years servicing Vulcans in my long and undistinguished RAF career.

You have a valid point there Rick, the thing I felt was petitions for unrealistic projects/ acheivements
and the lack of moderation (for want of a better word) with these petitions

nhp651

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 09:58:55 am »

Jade Goody,
WHO THE %*£$ IS jADE GOODY,except an obnoxious rascist who sadly fell foul to a hideous desease.
I feel sorry for her two children, having to grow up in the media spotlight for the rest of their lives as little rich kids.
May be they'll give some of their wealth to research into cancer and it's radication. >>:-( >>:-(

Perhaps someone should put on a petition NOT to give Jade Goody a state funeral...see which petition gets the most signatores!!!

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 10:36:38 pm »

Jade Goody,
WHO THE %*£$ IS jADE GOODY,except an obnoxious rascist who sadly fell foul to a hideous desease.
I feel sorry for her two children, having to grow up in the media spotlight for the rest of their lives as little rich kids.
May be they'll give some of their wealth to research into cancer and it's radication. >>:-( >>:-(

Perhaps someone should put on a petition NOT to give Jade Goody a state funeral...see which petition gets the most signatores!!!

Although not a "fan" of hers in any shape or form I really don't think your post is in anything but the worst possible taste. Thoughts such as the ones you posted should be kept to yourself. Pretty disgusting really. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

nhp651

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 11:20:39 pm »

Sorry if I offended you' Brian,
but I find it offensive to all our brave lads brought home weekly in bodybags, that someone could concievably even immagine that  a person who has been openly racist and foul mouthed in a TV programme  could ever deserve a "state funeral".
Sadly the only reason that the person became such a celebrity in the first place was because she was loud and foul mouthed in public
Sadly this seams to be a pre requisite to being famous these days, and you might not like me saying this, but I am absolutely sick and tired of these sort of people being given celebrity status whilst honest decent people get c*****d on every single day by the anti social element in our society.
We are all entitled to our opinions, and quite honestly Brian, some of your comments on here have been close to the knuckle, but as I am all in favour of free speach, I don't find them offensive.
IS IT NOW A CRIME TO BE HONEST on this forum <*<

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 07:07:30 am »

This is not moderation but a personal comment.

I was brought up to 'not speak ill of the dead', whatever my opinions of the deceased.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Roger in France

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 07:35:11 am »

On the topic of "celebrity" I have to say that I find the whole cult of lionising individuals bizarre and in many cases, sickening.

An individual may be excellent in a particular field of activity but that does not mean I want to have a drink with them.

A particularly aberrant aspect of the cult of celebrity is seeking the celebrity's views on a subject beyond their expertise. Why should a well known actor say, be persued for their views on anything other than acting?

I can only assume that those who go along with the idea of celebrity assume that something good rubs off on them if they promote the person. If I am right, how sad. If one looks closely at the career of a celebrity all too often some financially interested promoter is behind the elevation.

It should also be remembered that celebrity and notoriety are not the same thing.

Roger in France

nhp651

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 07:52:01 am »

Sorry TigerTiger, but on that premise, we would all have thought, Hitler, Stalin, Phol Pot ad infinitum were all lovely people and goody two shoes, if people hadn't spoken and told the truth, and "spoke ill of the dead".
I was always brought up to "speak the truth"!!

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 11:10:38 am »

Sorry TigerTiger, but on that premise, we would all have thought, Hitler, Stalin, Phol Pot ad infinitum were all lovely people and goody two shoes, if people hadn't spoken and told the truth, and "spoke ill of the dead".
I was always brought up to "speak the truth"!!

If you have to go to such extemes to make your point, then it is a weak point that you feel you are having to force through.

Speaking ill of the recently deceased is crass behavior in most peoples' book.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

nhp651

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 11:14:18 am »

sorry, but beg to differ.
I feel very cross and hurt that someone could even consider what was proposed in a petition, and I am probably NOT the only one who thinks the same.
Alas, in thiis society of ours, there aren't that many who will stand up and be counted, because there are so many that won't and look for an easier life.

catengineman

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 02:38:45 pm »

You called Jade a racist?

Did you have first hand knowledge of this or have you like so many others joined in on the aftermath of the media you watched/ got told about.

Did you know Jade?

I agree that the petition to have a state funeral for her is totally crass.
I admire her for arranging the future of her two children (who will live in the shadow of remarks such as yours) and bringing the silent killer to the notice of so many more than it would have normally reached.
True, she was not the only sufferer of this hideous disease and there are many more women that have and will have the very same fate as Jade, And maybe one person can be saved and cured through all the attention this story has generated then that should be remembered.
A normal person, brought to the front (with what some one else want you to see, hear)

Not speaking ill of the dead is how I also have been brought up

R,

nhp651

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 05:08:54 pm »

You called Jade a racist?

NO, but just about every news paper in this country and the whole sub continent of INDIA  DID,

And as I believe EVERYTHING I read in the newspapers, It must be true!!!! <*< <*<

catengineman

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 06:24:41 pm »

Then sir you should learn to form your own opinions from fact and knowledge of the concerned subject. (not from sensationalism of the press)

A heated argument where only the bits that others want you to view? then others in fear of themself's being labled, jumping on the band waggon.

Only a few short months ago the very same media that has said "how sorry they are that Jade is going to die" were calling this person *miss Piggy* etc how quickly the tide will turn and along with it drag the sheep and missinformed

R,

nhp651

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 06:32:59 pm »

R,

I have often wished to utter a statement so profound, as to be almost meaningless. %% %% %% %% %%

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 07:03:39 pm »

I think he's got you by the short and curlies Neil.  :} Give in gracefully.

nhp651

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 07:22:45 pm »

yeh, ok, colin.
back to the Sir LANCELOT,AHH UMMM ;D :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.