Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos  (Read 3691 times)

sea.mariner

Photos
« on: November 30, 2008, 09:35:35 am »

Hi guys, I am aiming to post any photos that I have that would help you in your model building, I have well over 15,000 on file so if you want to supply me with names or numbers etc I will try my best !! Here is 2 photos of the Tynemouth lifeboat leaving my old boatyard !

dan

Re: Photos
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:24:32 pm »

some beautiful pics  :-))

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 09:07:37 pm »

hi there they are lovley photos please keep them coming . The photo of the artic lady . What type of ship is she as she look diffrent.

john

westcoaster

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:40:15 pm »

Ewos are a company that manufacture food for farmed fish. From the "Ewos Express" logo on the side of Arctic Lady I would suggest that she is either owned or chartered by Ewos to deliver their products. Another striking picture Dan, well done

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 02:39:54 pm »

These are great sea.mariner, many thanks!

Martin  :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 07:38:54 pm »

Hi guys, I am aiming to post any photos that I have that would help you in your model building, I have well over 15,000 on file so if you want to supply me with names or numbers etc I will try my best !! Here is 2 photos of the Tynemouth lifeboat leaving my old boatyard !
Seeing that you are "local" and your place of work does the Ferry refits.....do you have any pics that may help me with my build of "Northumbrian"? BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Roger in France

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 06:57:16 am »

Thanks for the pics. of the scallop beam trawler.

Scallops are my all time favourite shell fish and sell quite reasonably here, we frequently eat them on Saturday evening after a visit to the fish market in the morning.

Despite our huge industry of oyster and mussel farming her in La Vendee most of our langoustine and some of our scallops come from Scotland. I wonder if I have ever eaten scallops dredged by that very vessel?

Roger in France

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 03:10:33 pm »

The Frisian is on a charter to a Scottish scallop fish ( has been for over a year I think ) , think its Scott Trawlers from Kircudbright but not 100% sure
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Roger in France

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 06:56:08 pm »

I hazard a guess......

The "Convoi...." sign is a requirement in France. I cannot see the home port name but I bet it is from the atlantic coast where similar vessels are used in the oyster and mussel fishing business. Shallow water, tractors for off loading etc.

I frequently see some strange vessels and most are clearly home made adaptions. They seldom enter water more than 5m. deep.

Roger in France
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.