Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jade Goody  (Read 3264 times)

garston1

Jade Goody
« on: March 30, 2009, 04:29:01 pm »

After reading the threads about Jade Goody on the 'Downing Street E-Petitions' blog, I thought I'd start my own. She doesn't deserve a state Funeral, or ( according to today's paper) deffinately not a statue! I wouldn't have called her racist either, or not in that sense. Lots of people use the words that she used on Big Brother and wouldn't consider themselves racist. She was said by someone last week to have been a Princess Di ''from the wrong side of the tracks'', Eh? How did they work that out? I couldn't have seen her in a lead charity role, unless it was head of Charities for East Anguler . 

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
Re: Jade Goody
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 04:34:28 pm »

After reading the threads about Jade Goody...

Who is Jade Goody?...  {:-{

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 04:44:07 pm »

toesupwa............Don't ask.please!
I've just made my thoughts known and am banished to the tower on pain of excommunication for doing so!! >>:-( >>:-(

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 04:47:18 pm »

After reading the threads about Jade Goody...

Who is Jade Goody?...  {:-{
A very minor z-rate celeb who gained her infamy by coming out in her true colours on Big Brother, a "reality" TV program popular among the weak minded in the UK.  She contracted a cancer, and died of it recently.  Probably a good reason for becoming an ex-pat.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

regiment

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 04:49:11 pm »

she was a big TV STAR??? husband has just got him self a nice flat :((

nhp651

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 05:05:49 pm »

big TV STAR???

Not really!!!!
Her husband may have a nice house out of it( so some say) but he can't go out at nights!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 05:20:24 pm »

But she must be VERY important if she deserves a thread on Mayhem!  %) Obviously we have some members who have time on their hands which would be more productively spent modelling instead of taking up precious space on the web server which Martin has to pay for!

Colin

nhp651

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 05:25:10 pm »

Thankyou for breaking me out of my mundanity, and bringing me back to a sense of purpose, Colin.
I shall dissapear into my workshop immediately and start beavering away on my new Sir Lancelot kit. %% {-) %% {-)
neil.

garston1

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 05:37:49 pm »

Jade Goody-isms, ''Do they speak Portuganese in Portugal? I thought Portugal was in Spain''. ''Rio de Janeiro, ain't that a person''? ''Where is East Angular [Anglia], is it abroad''? ''What's a sparagus? Do you grow it''?  ''Who is Heinzstein.'' [Einstein]?  ''They were trying to use me as an escape goat.''  ''Saddam Hussein - that's a boxer'' ''Sherlock Holmes invented toilets.''.  ''Mother Theresa is from Germany''. Wonderful!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 05:42:15 pm »

You could mock people on here for their spelling mistakes, but that isn't nice either.  >:-o

Colin

garston1

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 05:54:03 pm »

It's one of the things she was 'Famous' for, lighten up!

chingdevil

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 06:03:22 pm »

Do not let this get too heated!!

The rights and wrongs of Jade Goody have been well documented in the national press and do not really need arguing over on this forum

This thread is being watched by the moderators:

Brian

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 06:29:09 pm »

Might I suggest that one of the moderators lock this topic before it gets out of hand.

The girls dead, leave her alone, and no, I didn't like her.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

bosun

• Full Mayhemer
    • bosunsmodelboats.com
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 06:52:03 pm »

My Wife died if cancer, after being treated over many months by the hospital I was told there was nothing more they could do and she may as well be at home. She was home for nine weeks before she died, during that time I looked after her on my own, she never saw a nurse or a doctor, I did,nt know any different, and thought that was the way it was. It was only later that I found out that the hospital had never informed the doctor or the nurses that she was home, she was a wonderfull wife and mother. There was no talk of a state funeral for her, or a statue. Can we let this topic about Jade Goody go now guys, I know I dont have to read it, but I come on this site to learn more about my hobby, and I think it should be left at that.
Cheers
Bosun
bosunsmodelboats.com

Roger in France

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 06:58:20 pm »

OK folk, I think the latest contribution is a good place to lock this topic.

TOPIC LOCKED!

Roger in France
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.