Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Victory partwork on sale  (Read 2707 times)

Down below

HMS Victory partwork on sale
« on: April 02, 2009, 03:59:29 pm »

Anyone seen this yet?

http://hmsvictory.deagostini.co.uk/

Which manufacturers kit is it?

jonny shoreboy

Re: HMS Victory partwork on sale
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 04:43:28 pm »

I started to build a similar kit in New Zealand, HMAV Bounty. It came in 100 parts (over 100 weeks) with a magazine and quite easy to follow instructions. I enjoyed building it (the rest is in a box for when i return home) and it will look pretty good when finished. There isn't a lot of bashing required, and anyone with some basic skills could build it into a lovely model.

The down side was the price. The HMS Victory is also a 100 part subscription, and will probably be about £8.00 an issue, which means a total build cost of £800.00.. :((
That's about 3x what a good victory kit would cost from a shop, but, a victory kit doesn't come with all the easy to follow pictured instructions and all the prefabricated parts, and as far as period ship building goes, the HMS Victory kits are not for the faint hearted.

Could be a great model, but is also an awful lot of money..

That's my £0.02..

Down below

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 05:05:10 pm »

Not sure where you get £8 an issue from as it has been advertised as £4.99 per issue, which even at 100 mags is £500 which is about the price of the Artesania Latina Victory kit at the same scale, so seems not half bad value if it is 100 mags or less long.

jonny shoreboy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 05:08:58 pm »

Not sure where you get £8 an issue from as it has been advertised as £4.99 per issue, which even at 100 mags is £500 which is about the price of the Artesania Latina Victory kit at the same scale, so seems not half bad value if it is 100 mags or less long.

My bad then.. %%

ronkh

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 07:22:59 pm »

Dont tell Martin. He hasn't finished the Bismarck yet!!

ronkh

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 07:24:30 pm »

Dont tell Martin. He hasn't finished the Bismarck yet!!

Sorry, pressed the wrong button :embarrassed:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 20 queries.