Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BEWARE: Norwich Union  (Read 2414 times)

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
BEWARE: Norwich Union
« on: April 03, 2009, 06:03:41 pm »

HI guys,
Unfortunately this is no wind up.

My young sister got a letter thru the door(2nd April) telling her that as of the 22nd March her car insurance was expired as
her direct debit for her car insurance had been cancelled after her last payment which it had not.
That meant that for 11 days she had been driving with out insurance. She immediately phoned them and was passed about
India without any help at one point the guy told her she was "a silly little white girl and to go away" at this point my mum who works in
a call centre stepped in and took over finally got a supervisor to help them. Accordingly
Norwich Union had sent 2 letters in Feb and beginning of march that never arrived telling them that they were not getting paid
(but this still when they were taking the money) and that her 5 years no claims were lost for non payment of insurance.
Her original policy was £500 a year fully Comp and including roadside breakdown assistance the supervisor
then offered he could get a new policy sorted immediately but
it would be £1800 third party with no breakdown and an excess of £800 (original £150)
But it was only a 1 time offer and had to be paid in a lump sum.
My mum then said this was totally unacceptable and that she wanted to talk to the shift manager
and was put on hold.
An english man answered saying hello and do you speak english my mum was surprised and asked if
it was the manager he said he was waiting to speak to a supervisor

It became apparent that the calls had been rerouted to each other and as they talked he was
calling on behalf of his son as he also had been given a letter as my sister and that
everything  that had happened to my sister had happened to his son

So if you are with Norwich union there seems to be a major fault with them never mind their attitude
but you may want to check any insurance policies and check they are all in date.

My own opinion is that it is a cheap and disgusting way to get more money from people
break there existing contract in the hope they will come back and be ripped off >>:-( >>:-(

Edit by Admin:
Views and opinions expressed by members do not necessarily reflect the views of Model Boat Mayhem or the site owner.
Forum Members are expected to exercise good manners and fair comment when posting and to avoid making statements which
may be seen as unfair, objectionable or unsubstantiated criticism of other parties. No member of the Forum is authorised to make
any statement or take any action on behalf of the Forum or of Martin as site owner. Posts will be regularly monitored by the site
owner and Moderators. However all members are encouraged to report any instances of posts not complying with these guidelines
by using the "Report to Moderator" facility so that appropriate action can be taken without delay. Posts not complying with these
guidelines may be moderated or removed at the discretion of Martin or the site moderators.
Please see Forum rules: http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5972.0

DARLEK1

Re: BEWARE: Norwich Union
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 06:47:04 pm »

Funny that Colin, I have just had WW3 with them and told em to shove it, cancelled my direct debits and asked my bank to chase back my last two payments, I have also got a Law firm on to them. Meanwhile re insured with Admiral of all things, less than half of what I was paying with more goodies on the policy.

Stuff Norwich union! >>:-( <*<

Paul...

pt109

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:03:27 pm »

I have just had my expensive renewal form from Norwich Union, rang them to query the price hike, and got no sense off anyone.

Rang their helpline which has an option of " chose this option if you are thinking of cancelling your insurance " they put me on hold and I never got through to anyone - tried two more times, again got put on hold and never spoke to a human.

Went on to  compare the market dot com and got insurance at a third of the price.

Once new insurance sorted and paid for, I rang Norwich Union, spoke to their Indian call centre, told them they were ripping people off with their inflated prices, they could not be bothered , just kept telling me its an offence to drive an uninsured car, despite me telling them that I had now renewed my insurance with a rival company 

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 07:51:46 pm »

When will people learn, it's so much better to go somewhere and talk to someone face to face. You moan about getting ripped off, unable to easily resolve problems, waiting for ages on the phone etc., the little extra you might pay (and nowadays everyone price matches) far outweighs the hassle later.

Make an appointment if necessary, but just go and see your local broker!
The same applies for everything I do, I go local wherever possible and deal face to face.

meechingman

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tugs Rule, OK!
    • Andrew Gilbert
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 08:01:37 pm »

I'm with Grasshopper on this one. When someone kindly drove into my parked Focus last year, it took just one two-minute phone call to my broker to sort out everything, arranging the repairs, the loan car and getting my excess back from the 3rd party's insurer. All I had to do is tell them that someone had bumped into me and how. Even the claim form they sent me was partly completed!

And my insurance went down again this year!  :-) £240 fully comp, business use and protected no claims. Cheapest alternative on the websites or by phoning around was around £40 more.

Andy
Admiral of the Haven Towage Fleet.

craftysod

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 08:42:41 pm »

Phoned my local broker and they put insurance up by £68 from last year,went online and cost was £5 cheaper this year,than last year.
by same broker.
comparethemarket.com
gets best results
Mark

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 08:47:47 pm »

Be careful with the small print though. Cheaper insurance often brings reduced cover such as reversion to third party only if you take the car abroad. Claims can often be more difficult too.

Colin

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 11:13:01 pm »

simular thing happend to me , changed my car and rung my broker who told me that my ins Co wont cover the new car , whilst on the phone did a check on compare the market and the cheapest one is my broker and the next is my curent insurer. And to top it they wanted £45 admin fee to cancel the policy or £32. to change the details to the new car for a month. sometimes cheapest is not best.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 09:44:17 am »

Of course when Norwich Union change their name to 'Avviva', as they keep telling us ad nausiam on TV, it will all magically be loads better......

Yeah, right! >>:-(
Regards
Kit

maninthestreet

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 10:36:17 am »

Phoned my local broker and they put insurance up by £68 from last year,went online and cost was £5 cheaper this year,than last year.
by same broker.
comparethemarket.com
gets best results
Mark

I tried that website - but it's just about Meerkats  :D

Guy Bagley

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 11:55:10 am »

i use cofused.com for several years to find a good deal, i then usually telephone the insurer and check everything is as it should be- i usually tell them i am doinfg this to compare it with another quote , i then usually ask if there is any improvement on price as i have a cheaper quote elsewhere, i often get another20 or 30 quid off over the phone !!!

if you dont ask you dont get !
all in all its just another brick in the wall......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.