Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MPB Tug  (Read 2189 times)

Tugboat Andy

MPB Tug
« on: April 04, 2009, 08:57:11 pm »

Attached I have included a few pictures of my new little tug. The hull was built in a couple hours out of cardboard from a recycled cereal box and CA. The hull measures about 9 inches by 3 inches. It was covered in Z-poxy and 2oz cloth. Power is supplied by a Graupner multispeed 140 and 8 AA batteries. Lots of work left to do but it has been fun to run in the bathtub. :-)) Some of you may have followed the build so far over at RC Groups. I call it a Mud Puddle Boat. :D

Best regards

TBA :-)

<Edit> the goal was to build a scratch built tug for under $100.00 U.S. If you purchase a used or inexpensice TX/RX I think it can be done but I still haven't tallied up the total cost.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: MPB Tug
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 09:44:27 am »

Hi Andy,

Just looking for something else and came across this again, how delightful.

Are there any plans available?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=56ef4d68b8e0817f1c045fc0a5045ba1&t=1017712  )

Martin.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Tugboat Andy

Re: MPB Tug
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 02:11:43 am »

Sorry about the delay, Martin! Thank you for the kind words. They are encouraging.

I haven't worked up plans for the deckhouse yet. Between taking care of the toddler and helping the boys with homework in the evenings I haven't had much spare time.  :-X

It is my intention to follow-up with some more information to promote the idea that modelling can be inexpensive and somewhat low-tech.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.