Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Diving supportvessel Well Enhancer 1:75  (Read 105580 times)

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
  • Very passionate about ships
Re: Diving supportvessel Well Enhancer 1:75
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 03:14:12 pm »

Started repairing the damage on the bow:

As the hullplating has bended inside i decided to build some frames (which would be build anyway) to keep it in de right shape.

Came back from the last voyage on papers, so it was about time to start working on the bunkerstations, and so i did. Here the first pipe has been mounted.

And this is the amount of light to make it able to attach the hoses.

Greetings Josse
Under construction: diving support vessel Well Enhancer scale 1:75, a very big and very ambitious project that keeps on going and going till I finally solve all ambitious things about it and have it working.
A day without learning is a lost day

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 04:46:27 pm »

Started thinking about the bunkerstation, and also worked out those thoughts:

Launch of the bunkerboat to refuel the Well Enhancer and my other bigger models.

Deck on it, still loose, as i probebly will add some lights to it as well.

What is a bunkerboat without a crew? Well, the same as a bunker without any fuel, so here is some crew.
Will also add a wheelhouse soon, and some bollards to moore the boat.

To protect the bunkerboat from being sandwiched between Well Enhancer and the shore i decided to make some mooring-barges as well. They will help getting forces to the shore.

Greetings Josse
Under construction: diving support vessel Well Enhancer scale 1:75, a very big and very ambitious project that keeps on going and going till I finally solve all ambitious things about it and have it working.

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 01:55:58 pm »

One more photo from yesterday:

Painted the foc'sle deck.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2009, 03:59:14 pm »

Finally some more progress:

The bollards have been painted. The brass bar laying on the deck will be used to make "bins" for the ropes pretty soon.

On the bow it's the same story.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2009, 10:12:23 pm »

Some more progress:

Made the mold for the "bins" for the ropes as far as i could \, but i don't yet know how i can keep the upper ring in place while soldering the lot together.

And here it is as far as i'm finished with it.

Greetings Josse

nhp651

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 10:50:48 pm »

really i'm trying to get in contact with girls, but i do that by a rather differnent way, more like starting talking a bit, and to do that their isn't much time needed.

you take it from me,Tweety.......at your age young man, the last thing you want or need as a girl to sap your energy and enthusiasm in life.
not only do they put a mockers on your hobbies, but they drain your meager bank accounts.
enjoy life,
enjoy your model making, enjoy your other hobbies,
enjoy motorcycles and soft top cars, and above all.
ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM

IT WON'T LAST LONG if you go looking for girls.
take it from someone who talks from experience,
neil. {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 07:19:10 am »

Hi Neil,

My wife (when i have one ok2 ) will have to accept that i build shipmodels.
I'm really not going to stop my hobby because of a nice girl.
Still haven't got any problems with it.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 01:02:55 pm »

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS I did it!!!!!

First ring for the "bins" for the ropes just out of the mold.

And as it is now, 100% flat!!!!!!! I'm so happy with it!!!!! Did have a few problems with getting, and majorly keeping, the parts in position in the mold, and after all i soldered the lot together outside the mold, with a 40W soldering-thing (how do you call that thing again?), and it just worked!!!!!!

And here with a rope, which is the purpose of these things.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 06:59:31 pm »

The first "bin" for ropes has been finished:

Some sanding to do, but appart from that it allready looks far better then i had expected.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2009, 08:23:06 pm »

Hi Dan,

I've seen those things on the real ship, and they really are high, if the figure would be as tall as i am the height is perfect.
And they really don't have a crane or something like that to get the ropes out of it, how they manage to do so do i not know.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2009, 09:31:03 pm »

Hi Dan,

I believe you for all the other vessels, but as i have seen the ones on Well Enhancer with my own eyes i know 100% for sure that those on Well Enhancer really are that high.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2009, 11:30:14 am »

Today my new transport-device has been delivered, and and that is now ready to get the tires filled, as those are completly empty.
This is what it looks like:

Did it all by myself, self-timer on 10seconds, and then run to the model pick the drawing up, and hold it in the air.
The drawing show the main derrick in the correct scale, not quite small.

Greetings Josse

cling-on-bop

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 01:07:46 pm »

I do not know about a BUNKER Boat, maybe convert it to a tug, it's big enough to pull the well Enhancer  :embarrassed:

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 03:45:18 pm »

Hi guys,

Towing the Well Enhancer? No way, she's more manouvreable then a lot of tugs, and will, when needed, and majorly when the derrick is completed, be used as salvage-vessel because Well Enhancer also has pretty much bollard-pull.
Using Josse II or Well Enhancer doesn't make any difference, they both have about the same bollard-pull, but Well Enhancer is a little bit faster, and has a larger and stronger crane, that will also be able to hiost things other then one hose.
The Josse II will get a crane which is only able to lift the hose for the refuelling.

Here are some pics of the construction of the derrick (that is the name they give it on the drawings):

Made the lower plate of the derrick itself. The engine for turning the derrick is also glued on the plate.

Here the rear wall of the derrick is being placed. I will try to build the derrick turned forward as much as i can to give a good idea of what comes where.

And a little impression of what it will look like when finished.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 04:16:55 pm »

Some progress at last!!

Forward bulwark is being placed again, as that has been broken of.

Materials for the cilinders which will move the derrick up and down.

Placed the engine for the radar in the casing. Wiring has also been attached.

Made the deck which is to close off the casings. Like most other decks, this deck will remain removeable for easy maintaince on the engine or wiring.

And a view from a lower angle.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2009, 08:41:18 pm »

More pics!!

In the rain of photoshop :P

Approaching in the helicopter, note the crewmember waving signals to the heli-pilot.

Overall view at day. Right now there have been added some parts of the rear bulwark as well.

Front deck at night with crew.

Time to add some much brighter floodlights, the crewmembers near the rear bollards aren't quite visible.

And an overall view at night.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 02:24:31 pm »

Some more pics:

Rear bulwark is getting more shape.

First piece of bulwark on the round part of the stern.

First piece of bulwark to reach total height.

Bulwarks also make it harder to attach the ropes firmly, so i made 2 panamalocks (Is that correct English word?).

Moored at day.

Greetings Josse

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 03:20:42 pm »

Just made the dicision to remove the paint on the hull this winter, in order to be able to paint the shape of the plates caused by the welding of the frames.
Every time i look at the parts of the hull that still have that i think like, well this is the most realistic part of the hull, and the effect also makes her look better as well.

Greetings Josse

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 03:25:34 pm »

josse, rather than go for individual plates, best option would be sand her smooth and spray her, she'll look far better
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 03:40:35 pm »

Hi Ghost,

The idea is to paint one line per frame in the hull.
Doing this will be much better by painting with hand, as i will need a huge amount of tape to keep the paint on the right place when spraying.
When the paint has been removed i will first draw lines on the hull were the frames are, and then paint on those lines.
After waiting a few minutes the second layer (which will be a little bit wider) will be applied.
That process will continu untill the paint covers the the entire hull.

Greetings Josse

andyn

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2009, 03:41:56 pm »

You will then end up with ghastly paint build up lines on the hull. Do it properly, sand it down as ghost says, and spray it.

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2009, 04:45:25 pm »

Hi Andyn,

I've done it before on this model, and it really looks great, far better then a perfectly smooth hull.
Because i apply the layers of paint while the previous layer is still wet the paint will make a nicely smooth shape, and applying thin layers also helps a lot to have a realistic result.

Greetings Josse

andyn

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2009, 04:54:47 pm »

If you do that you will end up with drag streaks from the brush. If you don't believe me, send a PM to either Stavros or Bill D203, Stav's the master painter around here, and Bill works in spray booths for a living...

I've been making model kits since I was 3, so I know a thing or two about painting.

dan

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2009, 04:57:42 pm »

hi josse,
i did this today using spray paint. it has left a nice crisp clean line with not to much tape used.

andyn

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2009, 05:03:33 pm »

And I did this :-))

Second photo was with an airbrush.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.