Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will this work? - Fuel Tanks  (Read 1900 times)

andyn

Will this work? - Fuel Tanks
« on: April 13, 2009, 05:15:17 pm »

At the moment, I have got a 16oz fuel tank in my multi, since I have put the Novarossi in instead of the Merco, I want more fuel capacity. I want to put another tank in, an 8oz one, that has only got two outlets instead of three on the 16oz one. question is, will my plumbing diagram work? I've got a T piece on the two clunk feeds, connected the pressure on the large tank to the pipe, and large tank to small tank by the two spare outlets, will it feed properly?

Proteus

Re: Will this work? - Fuel Tanks
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 05:41:23 pm »

No I don't think it will because when one tank empties the clunk will suck air in to the main line, I have done them in series with the first tank pressurised pushing in to the second , I was not using clunks but tinplate tanks with sumps and baffles, it worked in a fast boat that liked rough water without cutting or going lean.

i may be wrong though and I am shore someone will put you right

Proteus

Vintage

• Full Mayhemer
    • Artisan Works
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 05:59:08 pm »

I'd have thought if you ran a pressure pipe just to the smaller tank - then an outlet from the clunk on that tank to the vent on the larger tank - then an outlet from the larger tank clunk to the engine (blocking off the additional vent) it'd work.

That way the whole system would be pressurized & fuel would only be drawn off the main tank whilst being refilled / pressurized from the smaller tank (if that makes sense)

Might be wrong though  :embarrassed:

Mark
Reproduction wooden stands for the full range of vintage Star Yacht models are available from Vintage Pond Yachts

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 07:59:33 pm »

Andy. When you come round I will show you how to pipe it up so it works.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

andyn

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 08:12:30 pm »

Luvly stuff :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.