Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: CRRC-PRO26CC MARINE PETROL ENGINE  (Read 11747 times)

Patternmaker

CRRC-PRO26CC MARINE PETROL ENGINE
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:01:56 am »

I have just purchased one of these engines, I must say I am very impressed, very. well made an cheaper than Zenoah. They include engine mounts a rev to 18000 RPM with good scope for modifying. I was amazed at the tick over, they also make an aircraft version.
Visit  www.crrcpro.com for more details and specs. and see video of the engine in action.

andyn

Re: CRRC-PRO26CC MARINE PETROL ENGINE
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 02:15:36 pm »

Noticed yet what they are? Yes, another direct copy of a Zenoah...

brodjack

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 02:38:09 pm »

Is that a flex shaft collet on the front?
Brod..

Patternmaker

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 03:27:09 pm »

No Brod, although on their website they do show a stainless steel collet for 1/4" ffexishaft, I will machine a tapered zen coupling to fit, they also give a warning that if you do not purchase from one of their distributors they will not guarantee parts.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 11:14:29 pm »

Mick have you actually ran it and checked that rpm claim? ive read some conflicting views on the motor.It is as said a copy of the zenoah of which there are quite a few.
Mart

Patternmaker

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 09:00:22 am »

Mart I have not run the engine at full throttle yet but I do not doubt their claim of 18000, having stripped the engine I consider them to be be every bit as good as the zen and the piston design better, as you can see from the photo's the port sizes scope for mods, I also like the metal starter.
Information from their website.

EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION
To:All E-bay shoppers considering the purchase of a CRRCpro gasoline engine.
Please be advised that E-bay auction and E-bay store sales of CRRCpro engines and/or accessories are not CRRCpro factory authorized sales or purchases. Many of these sellers will not or cannot provide post sale service and support for CRRCpro engines. Post sale consumer support will not be provided by the CRRCpro factory or its authorized dealer network for products purchased through E-bay sellers or auctioneer

GW26I

Parameter:
Type : Marine 2 cycle piston valve type gasoline engine
Displacement (cc) : 26cc
Bore x Stroke (mm): 34mm*28mm
Dry Weight (g) : 1480g
Carburetor : Walbro(Diaphragm butterfly valve type)
Maximum Output : 3.3ps /11500rmp(with resonatron)
RPM rang : 3300-18000rpm
Fuel:Gas/Oil mix 25:1
Lubrication Oil : 2 cycle engine oil
Cooling System : Water Cooled

Details
1/4" Stainless Steel flex collect 
Standard Carb - Walbro WT668B Metal Starter Talon, Never broken any more 

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:53:48 pm »

Keep us posted on how she runs i did consider one a while back was a good deal at £85 wish id bought it now lol,did you get yours direct or from ebay.I asume all parts are inter changeable with zenoah so spare parts should be easy to find.Metal starter has to be a plus too.
Mart

Patternmaker

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 02:41:39 pm »

Mart
I did get mine from ebay, I wouldn't think all the parts are interchangeable, the crank web looks to be more substantial, this piston skirt is different and the flywheel is smaller, although the bore and stroke are same as a zen 260. I also like the use of stainless bolts on the engine. All the parts are available from the manufactures. Clever these Chinese!

brodjack

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 01:01:28 am »

Any updates on this motor Mick?
A good pal who has just got into boats,turned up at the lake tonite and was asking if they were a good,wise buy?
I kinda didnt want to commit to a honest answer yet ;)
He's trying to get together a cheap,but decent gas boat.
Brod...

Patternmaker

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 09:35:29 am »

Brod, as I said I personally think they are as good as a stock zen and with good scope for modifying with the added advantage of what you get for your money I paid £139 which includes engine mounts, and collet for 1/4" square drive flexishaft which I consider good value for your money
The engine will be fitted in a 42"Aeromarine twin turbo sprint cat after its been totally restored, ideal for this engine so only time will tell
Mick

brodjack

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 10:47:14 am »

Thanks Mick,i'll take a gamble and advise him to buy one then...
Your dead right in saying it looks lke a good deal with the collet and motor mounts included.
It will be his first gas boat,i'll help him with some pointers.

Jacks boat ran very fast last nite with a new prop,easy the fastest on the lake,good turnout last nite,everybody agreed it was.
Until last tank of the nite ripped the wood bulkhead away from the flextube mount,and we lost the flex and the good prop {:-{
Also the orings burnt on the cheap China pipe flange,i kinda expected that after a good gallon so far on the pipe.Easy to replace.
Going to make another similar boat for me now....
Brod...

Patternmaker

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 11:32:58 am »

You're welcome Brod, glad to hear Jacks boat is going well, shame about the damage, thats why I put an extra layer of fibreglass in mine, the only criticism I had with the hull. What O rings do you use, I found the ones that come with the pipe do burn out quick and use Dave's, a different compound they seem much better.

brodjack

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 04:12:28 pm »

Hi again Mick,well after stripping the lot out of jacks hull to get at the twisted flextube.Found the cheap China pipe is cracked round the header part on both sides,totally unusable now {:-{
A real shame as it was a great combo.
Think its the brittle nature of the metal its made of when heated during use.
I only paid £25 for the whole thing so cant really complain,Jack went mad when i showed it him earlier,he said i shouldnt have used it when he didnt go O0

I have a Prestwich pipe and header which will fit,BUT doesnt look as nice as the China pipe.
I used the black ones what came with it,the larger 'normal' ones wouldnt fit..
Not to worry..
Brod....

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 12:10:38 pm »

Brod i think its with these pipes you need to allow them to float as in not fix them too rigid or it causes to much stress on the joints.Ive seen a few motors break at the exhaust port because of that too,can you fix the pipe with silver solder maybe?.
Mart

brodjack

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 07:09:19 pm »

No silver solder wouldnt work,too much crack,they are a good 2-3" on both sides.The thing gets really hot,reckon it would melt too.
I did mount it flexable at the rear,i used one of those motor mount rubber things on a homemade bracket,think it might have been a touch too flexable,plus the poor quality steel in the pipe.
On sunday i ran it full throttle for a good 10 mins. per tank,with 3 tanks,should be able to take it though.
Real shame,the combo was a good one,his boat with a differant prop was nite and day,zero chine,full round the corners.
Brod...

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 10:23:32 pm »

Silver solder will hold the heat just make sure it has high silver content say 30% or more,you could cut the old header part off and silver solder the pipe back onto a different header  maybe?.Might not work with your pipe been the shape it is i dunno .Im silver soldering my pipe back together after i cut  it to extend the bend 3/4"",Glenn gave me the idea of sleaving the parts together using two slit pieces of stainless header.Once one is installed your left with a  gap so i slipped another piece over the gap from the other side so just needs joints filling with solder now.Thanks for the tip Glenn,my idea was to use copper joiner glad i didnt now.Mick sorry to go off topic mate,any more news on this motor yet.
Mart

brodjack

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 09:28:58 am »

Mick,a pal is seriously thinking of buying one of these for a budget build,did yours come with the flex collet?
Brod...

Patternmaker

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 01:34:59 pm »

Brod, yes it does come with a flex collet for a 1/4" square shaft
Mick

brodjack

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 05:15:07 pm »

Thanks,square shafts are supposed to run better,less shrinkage on the flexshaft,so less friction on the shaft tube.
Brod...

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 06:39:56 pm »

Only problem with square end flexes is you need to run a ferrule setup so no more ready made up flex and stub shafts.If you dont use a ferrule theres nothing to stop the flex and your shaft slipping out and there goes your driveline.Only way round it is to use a shaft saver of some kind right in front of the strut .
Mart

brodjack

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 08:32:36 pm »

Yes Mart,we kinda knew all that.... ;)
Brod..

brodjack

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 09:05:40 am »

Well my pal,Dave,has finally pressed the 'buynow' button for one of these motors.
The guy who bought my 57" Apache hull decided it wasnt for him,so Dave bought it from him.
It will be a good first gas boat for him,he's very excited :} :}
We'll keep you informed Mick...
Brod..

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 10:51:39 pm »

You gonna grind his ports for him Brod - make it scream?

G

brodjack

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 08:48:28 am »

No Glenn,you are :-))
Brod..

mook

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 08:40:37 pm »

Yes Mart,we kinda knew all that.... ;)
Brod..

I
well I for one didn't  :o
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.