Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: McBride's and Arcane  (Read 3766 times)

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
McBride's and Arcane
« on: April 16, 2009, 05:43:27 pm »

What happened to the thread about the McBrides of the Arcane and the request for petition support? Seems to have gone.

Barry M

Capt Podge

Re: McBride's and Arcane
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 06:41:00 pm »

I've been looking for that one as well - maybe Martin can shed some light on this one ?

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 08:05:17 pm »

Its been pulled guys but not to worry Charlie McBride is now at home , thankfully , and his Son Charles should be out in a week or 2 max. He sends his deepest thanks to everyone that signed the petitions and sent messages of support which has kept both men going in Prison and has been a great help to their Wives who were worrying at home.

I will update you on whats happening as soon as I know myself.
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Capt Podge

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 08:34:25 pm »

Nice one Davie, thanks for the update :-))

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 09:17:56 pm »

As I recall this was listed under "Chit Chat - Almost anything you like in here" and so why was it pulled when it was obviously of interest to many?  Makes no sense at all.

Barry M

PS I noticed that the news coverage of the French fishermen's blockade included one vessel with a banner calling for  "Justice pour l'Arcane II". Nice to see some support from the French.

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 09:25:44 pm »

I felt that we had done as much as we could and this is a modeling site after all and I was concerned that there may be some members here who were not happy that the site was being used for , what is after all , a political campaign. We still have links to both petitions on the Trawlerphotos website ( just find one of my posts and both links are in my signature ).

We have had a very large response by the French fleet to what happened to the McBrides and a lot of boats and a lot of shore banners carried the "Justice pour le Arcane II" message that we have in the petition.
Davie Tait,
Scotland

wbeedie

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 09:53:04 pm »

And even a signature or two we recognise on the open petition from a certain K and C Macbride

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 11:01:41 pm »

Davie,

There are many subjects in this thread that have nothing whatsoever to do with modelling from the sublime to the way-out ridiculous; many with comments that could be judged 'political'. If all of them were pulled, the Forum would lose a lot of interest - and I never saw any comments that indicated any dissent. Even if there were, this Forum is full of conflicting arguments - it's part of what makes it interesting. Why single out this subject?

Anyway, let's hope the McBrides can get back to work soonest and a bit of justice prevails.

Regards

Barry M

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 04:06:17 pm »

Thats Charlie and his crew back to the boat today. Didn't chat for long , pouring rain here again , but it will be tomorrow evening before they're ready to go back to sea. I'll be back down tomorrow for a better chat once Charlie has everything in hand with the boat.

Davie Tait,
Scotland

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 08:02:15 pm »

Just a few jobs to do on the boat and they will be away again tomorrow evening.
Davie Tait,
Scotland

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 08:12:56 pm »

Davie,

Good Luck to 'em. Let's hope the fishing's good.   It's a bit ironic that current noises from Brussels are of more national responsibility and the end of discards. Could this be an outbreak of sanity in the EU or is that too much to hope?

Cheers,

Barry M

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 08:18:13 pm »

Too much to hope i'm afraid Barry. I wouldn't trust a politician or EuroPrat if they told me today is Tuesday and I KNOW its Tuesday !!!!
Davie Tait,
Scotland
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 22 queries.