Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: GURKHAS PETITION  (Read 11518 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: GURKHAS PETITION
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2009, 08:04:55 pm »

Just beat me to it.  :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

craftysod

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2009, 08:08:54 pm »

Great news now kick the scum out our country  :-))

wbeedie

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2009, 08:10:39 pm »

no need to speak about our Rt Hon MPs like that Craftysod %%

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2009, 10:16:41 pm »

The problem now is that the Government won't want to lose face by climbing down?

I'm prepared to bet that nothing much will change to let the Gurkhas in to the UK, regardless of today's vote?

Below is a reply I received from George Osborne (my MP) on the subject:

Malc

Thank you for contacting me about British residency and citizenship for Gurkhas and their dependants.

We want to be fair to the Gurkhas in contrast to the Government’s approach and its response to the recent High Court ruling which, in our opinion, has not been.  We have already said that we would introduce a limit on visas allowed generally under the Points-Based System, to ensure that those who come here benefit British society.  We believe that former Gurkhas, and other veterans who are not UK nationals, have already contributed to our society, and have therefore earned the presumption that they should be allowed to come here.

A Conservative Government would establish the presumption that pre-1997 Gurkhas should be allowed to settle in the UK if that is their wish.  To enable this to happen within the terms of our proposed immigration policy, we would create a new tier within the Points-Based System, which each year would allow a specified number of visas for non-UK ex-servicemen. We will conduct research to see how much demand there is for such visas.

This policy would be fair to our veterans, particularly the Gurkhas, consistent with our proposals for a controlled immigration policy, and affordable within the welfare budget.

We are concerned that the Government has failed to plan for the numbers expected to move to the UK over the next few years.  Any significant migration has an effect on public services and infrastructure and this tends to be concentrated in particular areas.  This is why our properly controlled system will not only enable the UK to be fair to its former Gurkhas but will enable the public finances to cope and local authorities to plan service provision properly.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write to me.

Best wishes                                     

George Osborne MP

DARLEK1

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2009, 11:48:17 pm »

We would not have the benefits problem if they got rid of the dross dudes!
 Stick em all in an old super tanker, tow it out and use it for target practice!

Paul... >>:-(

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2009, 11:57:54 pm »

However if the Gurkhas had been criminals they probably would have got everything they wanted no problem, Romania has been accused of sending their criminals here cause they'll get an easy life. A Romanian vagrant who had a string of convictions back home as well as convictions here for burglary claimed he violently raped a 21year old woman so he would go to prison where he could sleep in comfort, eat good food as well as learn English, has been granted his wish after a judge handed him an indeterminate sentence for the crime. I believe, but I could be wrong the woman's husband/boyfriend is currently serving in the army in Afghanistan, as if he did'nt have enough to worry about!!
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2009, 12:22:31 am »

If the Guhrkas get the right to stay because they were prepared to fight and die for our country then surely simple reverse logic should apply to those foriegners who wish to threaten and take the lives of our citizens.... they should be denied the right to stay. Instead of honouring their so called human rights or allowing them to languish in or gaols at our expense, they should forfeit their right to remain and be thrown back to where they come from, irrespective of any threat to their lives in their homeland, which would appear to be a common excuse.
Gordon Browns main excuse for rejecting the Guhrkas appears to be  purely monetary, I suggest the less deserving dregs of humanity who gravitate to our shores with the governments blessing, are a greater drain on the public purse. Even if it were argued that were not the case, I would happily cough up the extra taxation neccessary to enable these Guhrkas to remain here. Britains dignity (if there is any left) is at stake here as well as a sense of common decency toward a goup of people prepared to lay down their lives on our behalf.
Brown and his baying bunch of twisted chronies makes one ashamed to be British.... it's time they left the building!

The long Build

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2009, 12:23:32 am »

We would not have the benefits problem if they got rid of the dross dudes!
 Stick em all in an old super tanker, tow it out and use it for target practice!

Paul... >>:-(

Naa , we would get fined by the E.U for polluting the ocean, and they might get upset about loosing a Super Tanker. :}  Not to mention their human rights... <*<

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2009, 11:43:54 am »

A day after the Guhrka scandal, and here we are,  the news on my screen has just revealed that an asylum seeker who killed a little girl by mowing her down and ran from the scene of the accident, has just been freed and allowed to remain in the uk because it's too dangerous for him to be deported to his own country! This shameful government and UK justice system has reduced us to a laughing stock.
 I really must stop reading the news because every day brings another shocking revelation which enrages me.
Apart from building the country back up, the next thing on the list of things to do should be to instill dignity and pride in our country. These two latter would inspire people to push their heads up and improve instead of going around angry and despondant which is something a lot of Brits appear to do now.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2009, 11:57:39 am »

An excellent vote by parliament for a change.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8023882.stm

nhp651

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 11:59:18 am »

WHAT HUMAN RIGHTS????

One illegal turkish kurd who had been arrested 3 times before for driving illegally and released by judges, has just been released from a detention centre yesterday in the North West, after killing a little 9 year old girl in a hit and run, whilst he fights a deportation order.

WHERE ARE THE HUMAN RIGHTS OF THIS POOR LITTLE BEAUTIFUL GIRL AND HER HEARTBROKEN FAMILY.

The B*****d should be put against a  wall and shot......scum bag.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 06:28:16 pm »

Dear All,

I am very pleased indeed at the outcome of this. Any Gurkha's who have served in the British Army for a full Signup term (or longer), deserve the right to be able to stay here if they so wish. I do have one small reservation though, it should not mean that their whole total family should be able to migrate here - wife and children of necessary support/dependency age yes, all family no.

Nhp651, I totally agree. Such people who breach our laws in a serious manner - even once - should be deported immediately without any question whatsoever. Unfortunately we seem to suffer from a rather poor Judiciary these days who are scared stiff of anything that comes even close to PC, or gets anywhere close to being contentious. No guts... all scared stiff of being thought racist/anti-European... and unfailingly kowtow to their ultimate masters these days... the Govt./Euro.. Strange really, Italy and other Euro. countries seem to be much stricter with such things than GB don't they? Oh, and if any of us would like to emigrate to Aust. or NZ claiming political asylum we wouldn't stand a chance - we would be on the first plane back!!! Oh well..........!

Regards, Bernard

Popeye

• Full Mayhemer
  • I see no ships!
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2009, 06:49:53 pm »

Excellent Craftysod, wish I had thought of that one!
It would appear that this movement has really struck a cord with us Brits. I sometimes wonder how these ruddy politicians can sleep in their beds at night , still, if you have a skin as thick as a Rhino, the intelligence to match and no conscience, I guess it comes easy. Probably as easy as claiming for expenses!!!

Somebody once observed that we get the politicians we deserve; surely no electorate can have done something so heinous that it deserves the idiots we're currently stuck with who, par excellance,  are destroying the country so effectively.

Additional food for thought- if nobody wants 'em , who voted 'em in???? >:-o
Confucius he say, 'if all else fails.......reach for the  Red Top-Stop'.

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2009, 10:27:25 pm »

This Government and the Judiciary are so incompetent and out of touch with reality every day seems to bring a new story of how worse things are getting. At times I really do wonder if it is by design by some foreign power. I mean they're doing such a great job at screwing up every aspect of this country , something which war and bombs failed to do.  {:-{  :((
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2009, 11:06:07 pm »

Zombies?

chingdevil

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2009, 06:47:16 pm »

I got a letter back from my MP today, written on Houses of Parliment note paper telling me he had voted with Nick Clegg and outlining what the Conservatives will do for the Gurkhas when they get into power.

It also did not cost me £50 to get my MP to do his job and listen to his constituants :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Brian

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2009, 01:29:46 pm »

From Joanna Lumley (joanna@gurkhajustice.org.uk)

At midday today, Home Secretary Jacqui Smith made the announcement to the House of Commons that the Gurkha Justice Campaign have been fighting for for years. All ex-Gurkhas who have served more than 4 years in the British Army will have the right to settle in the UK if they wish.

After such a long fight, with huge ups and downs, this is a superb announcement.

We simply would not have won this fight without the massive, overwhelming support of all those who have supported our campaign. To the hundreds of thousands of people who have signed Gurkha Justice petitions, lobbied their MP, campaigned, attended rallies and marches - thank you so much to you all. This is your victory. It would not have happened without you.

The Government has now responded to that campaign after court cases, votes in Parliament, a huge media campaign and, most importantly, massive public support. I am delighted, and humbled, at what has been achieved by our remarkable team.

The whole campaign has been based on the belief that those who have fought and been prepared to die for our country should have the the right to live in our country. We owe them a debt of honour - a debt that will now be paid.

With warmest good wishes,

Joanna
www.gurkhajustice.org.uk

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2009, 01:43:46 pm »

A very welcome decision...

A little of the pride that I once had for my Country has been restored.

Malc

tomo55

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2009, 03:25:19 pm »

Good news indeed,
What about a petition to boot MPs out of the uk,maybe a tour in Afganistan might focus the mind a bit.
Chris

warspite

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2009, 06:27:47 pm »

Good news indeed,
What about a petition to boot MPs out of the uk,maybe a tour in Afganistan might focus the mind a bit.
Chris

AAHHH yes, but what would the expenses claim be, and if they got shot (wishfull thinking) i could not see them having to endure waiting for treatment like our troops have to - do you

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2009, 06:35:10 pm »

I wonder what the Indians will think of our breaking the Tri-Partite agreement?

nhp651

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2009, 06:41:19 pm »

:-)) :-)) O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 :-)) :-))

DARLEK1

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2009, 12:02:07 am »

HOORAHH! It is about Fraking time that people on this planet finally found a brain cell! At least from the one's you would not expect anyway?

Paul...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.