Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Sailing Boat am I ??  (Read 2920 times)

The long Build

What Sailing Boat am I ??
« on: April 26, 2009, 07:52:08 pm »

I acquired this boat a few months back , it has been suggested that it is a Marblehead , however I am not convinced as the pictures I have seen don't appear to look like this, but I know nothing about sail boats.

If you look at the wood closely you will see what almost look like crop circles on all the pieces of ply ? again any ideas to what this is or is it just like a brand mark on the ply wood...

All help and advice greatly received.

andyn

Re: What Sailing Boat am I ??
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 07:59:55 pm »

Looks like a marblehead to me, mind you I'm not a sailing person...

What I do know, however is that the circles are so you can attact a large threaded jobbie, like the top of a coke bottle but much bigger, with a lid on it, so you can have basic acces to the switch and Rx, without having to dig the model apart. The fella at our club who does sailing covers the gaps in the top of the hull with some kind of waterproof fabric, that is lightly glued on, so if needs be he can access everything else by taking the relevant section off.

The long Build

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 08:03:04 pm »

Hi Andyn , no not those circles (holes) if you look closely at the interior shots you will see faint lines all over the wood , all just about touching .

Tester

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:13:04 pm »

Hi

The marking at the top of the sail is for an IOM, International One Metre. If the hull is one meter long that is what you have, a Marblehead is just over 1.20 metres loa.

HTH
Richard

ps trying to identify hull

The long Build

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 08:28:15 pm »

Have just mearseured the hull , it is 51inches or about 1.3 metres.

Larry

Tester

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 08:34:53 pm »

The Marblehead is 1.290 or about 50.7 inches, looks like it's a Marblehead

The long Build

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 08:59:07 pm »

Looks that way  :-)),   any advice on rigging ?

What do you cover it with as I am not sure what I was taking off , Similar to solarfilm but seemed a lot stronger , looks like it was stuck down by using varnish.

Stavros

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 10:14:54 pm »

Go onto either Housmartins sails or Sailtech and what you need is some deck film to cover ALL the holes in the deck.You will need a decent sail winch and a decent Ballraced rudder servo.I see also that the keel bulb is missing also available form either supplier.If the bottle screws are missing to hold the mast upright you will need some also.For the rigging you will need a minimum of 50kg steel fishing trace and crimps.

If you want to pop down one weekend I would rig it for you FOC if you fancy it PM me for my tel no

Stav

The long Build

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 11:17:35 pm »

Hi Stavros

Thanks for the info, and may take you up on your offer.

The keel bulb ( I assume you mean the great bit of lead weight ) is attached , just buried under the stone. was planing to run with the servo attached for the rudder which is a s100 indirect drive servo (whatever that means) or not !

Picked up a servo winch a while back for somthing else  was going to use this "Acer RC WQ2811"

Will have a look at the 2 suppliers.

Cheers Again
Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 23 queries.