Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocean-going bunkerboat Josse II scale 1:75  (Read 7877 times)

ZZ56

Re: Ocean-going bunkerboat Josse II scale 1:75
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 07:35:39 am »

Josse,

I for one think this hull could look EXACTLY like a bunker boat (I'm guessing it's a small fuel tanker for refueling) and in the same scale as the Well Enhancer. 

This little vessel is a refueling tanker, and it has a much stranger hull shape than yours. 

They key is perhaps putting some sloping bulwarks around the bows, like a tugboat, and giving her as little freeboard as you can.  Add in an appropriately scaled superstructure and some hoses and fittings on deck and it should turn out.  Don't be discouraged by the damage, that is easy enough to repair.

tweety777

• Full Mayhemer
  • Very passionate about ships
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 08:51:40 am »

Hello ZZ56,

The idea is nice, but if i would do that i could much better start building a new hull.
This also isn't an ocean-going vessel, and this model was never meant to be a model of an exsisting ship, but my own design.

Greetings Josse
Under construction: diving support vessel Well Enhancer scale 1:75, a very big and very ambitious project that keeps on going and going till I finally solve all ambitious things about it and have it working.
A day without learning is a lost day

Billyruffian

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 08:08:47 am »

Hi Jossee,

I for one like the imagination that you are showing and we all have to start somewhere and I'm sure all the folks on here will give you all the support and encouragement.

What really helped me was the Masterclass section - the boat for beginners by Bluebird was a good build and certainly helped my confidence and understanding.

Keep building and most of all keep enjoying it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.