Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad news for Tiscali customers  (Read 5903 times)

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Re: Bad news for Tiscali customers
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 12:00:36 am »

For years i have tried in vain to get a broadband connection where i live , every tom dick and harry out there in the internet buisness prommises me the earth , then when i tell them my post code i get a silence then sorry broadband is not available in your area .
So i get mine from BT with an avarage speed of 32kbs which can be as low as 2kbs and up to 120kbs .
A recent conversation with a bt enginear who told me that out cables were well over 50 years old and made from alloy snaked along the river and roads for over 30 miles although the exchange is less than 2 miles away, recently an old bridge was replaced and the council who owned it asked bt if they would like a conduit/ cable running along with other utilitys under the river as they were replacing the existing ones , there was a charge for this and bt asked the companys (tiscalli, orange etc ) if they would contribute . i am still on the old line so you can guess what they said , but they will still "xxxxx" off bt when a coustomer is not getting the speeds they were promsed .
At the end of the day bt own the line (except in Hull area, karoo) and sell the use of it to everyone else .
daz
at the moment 54kbs
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.