Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brushless for water Jet Drive  (Read 6239 times)

Bluechrisp

Brushless for water Jet Drive
« on: May 06, 2009, 06:47:00 pm »

Hello all,

I have moved this from sports boats, I hope someone can help me out with the below.

I have a 36''  by 9''  sports hull, i'm looking to put a Graupner Jet Propulsion Unit (2340) into it, idealy a Graupner 700BB would be installed, how ever, what high torgue brushless motor could be used instead?
Any help would be great.   :-))

Many thanks

CP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

debssnal

Re: Brushless for water Jet Drive
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:35:35 pm »

Hi,
   one of the best brushless motor for the job is a Tornado Thumper 4250 Brushless motor - 720 watt motor, 800 kv.

http://www.overlander.co.uk/product.asp?cid=10&scid=90&pid=2199
Here is a video of my boat running with this set up  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn2QxbhaJUs
This boat is 54" long and comes in at 15KG
Hope this is of some help to you
Also you can get a esc for under £25
Kind regards
Alan

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:10:09 pm »

I told you on Saturday you were mad Al, now I've I seen the video I rest my case.

Bluechrisp, you can't wrong with Al's surgestion (I will have a rubber room ready for you both though)   {-) {-) {-)
Steamed up all the time

andyn

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 10:12:26 pm »

Cor Phil and his rubber rooms eh? Just you wait till you see what I'm running at Wicksteed my friend...

Best of luck with the boat :-))

Bluechrisp

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 06:12:52 pm »

Alan,

What can I say but WOOOWWW thats fast   :o O0 I'l get me one of those, what sort of Jet drive Have you got there, do you have pic's of the inside set up?

When I get this up and running, I will deffo need a Rubber room  :-)) just awesome....  Thanks guys.

Will update you when I start.

debssnal

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 10:51:23 pm »

hi CP
The jets are 2x Graupner 2340 jet units.The motors are 2x Tronado thumper 4250.The motors are direct drive with 5mm solid coupling (home made).You must put flats on places were grub screws are fitted as you will have just under 1hp of motor power.The exhaust out let on the jet needs to be 3/4 below the water.You will need a high powered servo for moving the steering bucket at speed.Do not lower the reversing bucket with the jet running or you will see it fly across the water like my ones did.Here is some more video,do not forget this boat is 54" long and is also 15kg     
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa5wBkClicI
Hope this is of some help
kind regards
Alan

catengineman

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 11:11:59 pm »

Mote Park lovely happy times spent there :-))

great looking boat there

R,

Bluechrisp

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 09:30:47 pm »

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the spec's, the hull is a copy of the tender for the MY Leander, not sure what I'm going to build on it.. :} it's guna look fantastic on the boating pond at Bushy Park.

What do mean by " You must put flats on places were grub screws are fitted as you will have just under 1hp of motor power "  so I'm going to have a pocket rocket ...?  :o
Cheers

CP

andyn

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 10:30:33 pm »

He means to file flats on shafts where a grub screw on a coupling locates to, as the power of the motor will cause the coupling to spin if left round.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.