Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pontoon Workboat: Sondag Viking  (Read 3163 times)

SimonO

• Full Mayhemer
Pontoon Workboat: Sondag Viking
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:30:59 pm »

This is my new vessel which is a stand off model based on the range of Damen Multi-Cat pontoon workboats. The model is completely scratch built and is over a metre long with a beam of 350mm, scale wise it uses 1/24th fittings and dimensions. It has yet to be fitted out with a full bridge interior, main mast and the fine detailing of the two crane decks and various deck fittings will take the next few months, how ever if I never see another tyre fender it will be way too soon....

Si

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Re: Pontoon Workboat: Sondag Viking
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 11:25:17 pm »

that is some nice weathering  well done .
Can i just add , a few more tyres would just  %% na i wont say it  {-) .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

SimonO

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:11:59 am »

Thanks Portside II

Appreciate the comments, its hard to get the overall effect on the photo but the entire deck has had to be rust finished, thats nearly 1/2 SqM and a lot of ground pastels....

regards

Si

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 09:09:15 am »

Very well executed model. Great stuff!   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

SimonO

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 04:25:30 pm »

Cheers Dan and Martin, its always nice to recieve favourable comments..

Dan, due to the very low freeboard the hull is empty of electrics apart from the rudder servo, two MFA500 motors with 2:1 geaboxes and the battery holder. All the main power system is in the deck house and although not yet completed this will house an electronize 30amp speedo and basic futaba 2 channel 40Mhz reciever. The other reason for this design apart from reducing the risk of water damage from the bilges? is that due to the form of the hull the dispacement is staggering and requires two 12volt nicad packs plus the addtion of a 25lb piece of 2" square stainless steel bar to get it near water line.

Regards

Si

Just to prove authenticity i found this on the net... i did add the additional boom crane on the aft deck for interest....

ZZ56

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 07:31:45 am »

Lovely build so far, and lovely weathering.  The little details like the drums and rubbish skip are fantastic... tell the truth, you have a shrink-ray, don't you?   :}

ronkh

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 10:00:32 am »

Lovely build so far, and lovely weathering.  The little details like the drums and rubbish skip are fantastic... tell the truth, you have a shrink-ray, don't you?   :}
:-)) :-)) :}

SimonO

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 07:51:14 pm »

Hi guys

Again thanke for the nice comments its a great ego trip I have been working on the boat this week to finalise the forward deck layout see below. If anyones interested in my other stuff check out my photobucket collection at the address at the bottom.

Anyway keep on sailing and hope the pumps hold.....

Regards

Si

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q196/sifromdevon/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.