Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi to all!  (Read 1477 times)

Roberto To

Hi to all!
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:15:59 pm »

Hi to all!

I'm Roberto, I write from Italy, near to Turin, I love RC model ferry ship... %%

Now I'm building my first model the M/S Athara (a big RoRo/Pax ship of Tirrenia navigation company) in 1/87 scale (2,5 meters long)... RC... with all functions of the real one... motors, rudders, bow thrusters, anchors, mooring wires, lights, stabilizers, stern ramps (reproduction of a big part of main car deck with really Roll-on and Roll-off model trucks of the famous Faller Car System). At the moment I'm drawing the various parts (keel, frames, etc.) with CAD program in order to cut them by laser (my friend has that machine at work)... It's a long work... but the results will be in high precision! :-))

the only bad thing (I think that it is for all) is the free time... I haven't so much...  <:(

I'm also a model railway lover and I play drums since 1997...

I'm an electric designer.

Best regards!

Roberto.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hi to all!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 10:51:42 pm »

Hi Roberto and welcome to the forum . There a few of us ferry molders on her. I see you going for  the full works on her, I know that felling It starts simple and ends up with the all singing dancing ship. But seeing your photos on the other forum. you have it well in hand.
I to like the model railways ,what type are you in to

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 02:45:35 am »

Hi Roberto,
Welcome aboard.

TT
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Roberto To

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 06:59:45 pm »

Thanks to all!

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 07:03:51 pm »

Hello Roberto,

Welcome! I can assure you that you will find Mayhem an excellent Community to be part of, and you will find it a mine of information and enjoyment! Anything technical... believe me, there is someone somewhere who knows what's what and will help!

Regards, Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.