Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VAT  (Read 1371 times)

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
VAT
« on: May 11, 2009, 05:40:16 pm »

Reduction in VAT, 17.5% to 15% anybody noticed any reductions in prices of everyday items or even hobby supplies. Not me, just seems to be another pathetic sweetener by this government hoping for
re-election.
Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
Re: VAT
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 05:45:55 pm »

Prices reduced all over but only by a few pence (unless very expensive) so you won't get rich on the savings (approximately 2p in the pound). As for re-election ....  <*< <*< <*<
Don't Assume Check

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 06:59:45 pm »

Dear All,

Whilst not giving much real value to saving value on buying things up to £100, it does make a difference to gnrl. business - most business/shops do seem to have passed the saving on. If, for example, you were having an extension built, and the value was, say, £15k, the saving is significant (as Dougal says apx. 2% does add up). It also add's up if you are buying a car obviously. Ok, I am not trying to support this present load of incompetent wallies in Govt., but the principal is there... even if we might have to pay for it in the end by other taxes! They never give unless it can be taken away via another means!!! O0 <*<

Come the revolution!!! O0 ;)

Regards, Bernard

Hagar

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 10:10:18 pm »

Oh the put VAT down again!
Cool even cheaper for me to go shopping on the internet now O0.
VAT still at 25% here. ON EVERY THING.

Proteus

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 11:18:29 pm »

I bet when it goes back up we will notice it , bet it will be rounded up to 20% by some shops , the ones that where so quick to give the cut  YEA   ;D {:-{ ;D

Proteus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.