Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visa advise?  (Read 2741 times)

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
Visa advise?
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:12:10 pm »

Just thought I'd put this out there in case any of the UK builders happen to work for the Border Agency <*<. It seems since I've been here in the UK that certain rules have changed and there websites are a minefield %%. Any advise would be appreciated.

bigH

Re: Visa advise?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 03:08:35 pm »

? ? ? ? ? ?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 03:47:21 pm »

Use Firefox or IE *, both have link scanners.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

bigH

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 04:08:01 pm »

Even more ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 07:44:54 pm »

Even more ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Not that difficult BigH, he wants some advice on visas. [ not credit cards ] %)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 07:55:56 pm »

Rem2007

Maybe a silly question but have you tried the Canadian embassy website? (do they have one?) which may contain relevant advice for expats. Just a thought

Doug
Don't Assume Check

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 07:56:23 pm »

Sorry for the confusion, the Border Agency is what Immigration control is calling themselves now here in the UK. I move here 4 years ago on a 4 year ancestry visa and they have since changed this to a 5 year visa. They now inform me, well their website does, that I have to extend this another year for £465! Thats to allow me to meet the 5 year requirement of full time residency prior to being allowed unlimited leave to remain. I was just wondering if anyone works for them or knows someone who does. My EAP from work tells me that they have to honour my original 4 year visa and give me an option to renew or become naturalized, after passing the British knowledge test; which costs even more.
Oh joy, maybe I should just go back to the great white north and sail in the summer months, no councils to tell you what to do all the time, sorry just not a good day.

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 07:58:14 pm »

Oh you mean Canada House up in Trafalgar Sq, have a picture of that. They can't get involved as its a immigration/visa problem.

jonny shoreboy

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 08:28:08 pm »

I feel your pain my friend..

My wife is a primary school teacher and immigration no longer classes Australian teachers as skilled workers so she is applying for indefinite leave to remain. It is a flat fee of £1020, plus the cost of the test, another £33 plus the study books, another £30. She then has to take the day off to go to Croydon to speed the whole thing up. It really is a bit of a hassle not to mention a lot of cash.

There are companies out there that do it all for you but they charge a LOT of money. A good one though is '1st Contact'. They will give you lots of useful advice for free over the phone to help you on your way..

surabaya

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 09:03:13 pm »

Hi,there.
My wife is from Indonesia originally and we were having problems with Mr immigration official. Then we were advised to contact the immigration advisory service, they were great and FREE. Helped to sort out problems, told us what forms ,where and how. Also if you get problems with officials, they will kick butt, <*< legally :police:. Some official in london tried to tell me how I felt about my own wife  >>:-(
My wife is now a bonifide British model boat widow,  :}
Seriously, give them a try, they really know what they are talking about. And they have many centres across the UK.
Try this site      www.iasuk.org   
Best of luck.

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 10:52:06 pm »

Tried that site but they would like another £300 odd to sort this out and I'd still have to pay the £465, looks like I have to bite the bullet on this one. There goes my pay raise, not to mention the $400 vet bill for the puppy last week, ouch. He's fine now but won't be eating anymore rubber balls we hope.

bigH

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 01:03:37 pm »

%)  Thank god for the explanation Richard, I thought that I was caught up in a conspiracythere for a while.
Ah well back to sleep then      Harry

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 06:23:33 pm »

Yeah, credit cards my partner has no problem with that concept, I think she worships the day debit cards were invented, anyway plodding on with the plodding paper work myself, but just think at the end of all this I can carry dual citizenship and don't have too worry about retiring here. Buy a small suburban igloo, and Bob's your uncle! :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.