Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: M.P's SCANDALOUS BEHAVIOUR  (Read 17867 times)

Malcolm Reade

Re: M.P's SCANDALOUS BEHAVIOUR
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2009, 07:46:03 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, any MP from any Party who has claimed anything 'beyond & above' reasonable items should get the chop with immediate effect.

The Commons would be deserted... {-) {-)

Malc

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2009, 07:47:31 pm »

First man out with a duck house springer???
 %% %% %%

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2009, 07:56:26 pm »

Legal principles should apply.  If the law has been broken by ANY of these characters, including the party leaders, they should be prosecuted.  A criminal conviction should, (perhaps does?) disqualify anybody from standing as a candidate for election as an MP.

Malc

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 600 employees and has the following employee        

statistics:  

Allegedly                                                                                                        

29 have been accused of spouse abuse                                                                                  

7 have been arrested for fraud                                                                                        

9 have been accused of writing bad cheques                                                                          

17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses                                                      

3 have done time for assault                                                                                          

71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit                                                                        

14 have been arrested on drug-related charges                                                                        

8 have been arrested for shoplifting 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits                                          

84 have been arrested for drink driving in the last year                                                              

Which organisation is this?                                                                                            

It's the 635 members of the House of Commons, the same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed  

to keep the rest of us in line.

Allegedly
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2009, 09:43:23 pm »

It makes fiddling expenses look rather insignificant doesn't it?

Malc

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2009, 09:48:13 pm »

What is the provenance of that information and how accurate is it?

How do we know somebody hasn't made it up?

An urban myth maybe? Does repetition make it truth?

Colin

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2009, 07:22:15 pm »

Dear All,

Well, it looks that Labour are completely dead in the water as a cohesive entity, indeed, to such an extent that they are probably done for altogether... talk about coming apart at the seams... they are disintegrating in front of our eyes... a sham from the beginning really.

What gets me is that they don't have even the basic decency and honesty to resign from Government. Of course they want to hold on the full term to ensure their rather nice pensions are safe don't they!!! Talk about rubbing the salt in? The sooner this no confidence vote goes in the better: three Labour Govts. so far, and all have ended in disaster one way and another.

As far as I'm concerned, the days of internal Party hereditary inheritance of PM's and Ministers should die. All should be voted in, not just decided upon by Party hierarchy. I am all for abolishing Party Politics and getting good democratic Govt. that we all can actually vote for... not this 'us/them' nonsense that has gone on for years... it's time this dinosaur died for good.

Bring back Cromwell, he would sort all this nonsense out... and very very quickly.

Regards, Bernard

omra85

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2009, 08:03:11 pm »

I find it ironically humorous to watch ALL of the party leaders talking about the expenses scandal.
It's the first time for years that they haven't been able to say "we would have been different" as they have ALL had their snouts in the trough!
Some time ago, I studied the publication of our LOCAL councillors expenses claims and guess what - maximum amounts claimed for attendance, mileage, postage, etc, etc!  Well - would you believe it  %)  and I thought they said that they were doing it 'for the good of the community'  {-) {-)

I think tomorrow will be one of the lowest turnouts for local/european elections for some time, but will it be seen as a massive 'vote of no confidence' in the existing party political system - I think NOT!

At this point I should borrow Xtian's (name that ship) large raspberry blowing smiley to the lot of them!

Bring back the Monster Raving Loony Party - then I'd probably vote  %%

Danny

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2009, 08:04:32 pm »

Come on folks! Every country needs some sort of governance. It could be Stalin, Idi Amin, Pol Pot or Sadam Hussein. Some people are just born to be "power crazy". We've all met them in whatever line of work you are in. (personally I would endorse a programme that identified the "power" gene at birth and ensure that the brat sort of "didn't make it"). But we do have to live with these people - elected or not, learn how to live with their lies and being considered stupid by people who are our self-appointed "superiors".
Having said that, what sort of Government would you like? Obviously an honest one...but is that likely to happen? All we can realistically do is to decrease their influence. Brussels has succeeded in that respect....but has replaced it all with a much more intrusive regime.
Answer? Keep your head down and just try to get along the best you can. Yours despairingly. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

craftysod

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2009, 08:19:51 pm »

Easy,stop the claim system full stop.
Most of the people on this forum and throughout the country,who do a job,dont get paid,to go to work,have a second home,
pay for furnishings,gardening etc that these parasites claim for.
Remember they took the job,nobody told them to do it,if everyone else got the perks that these jerks get we would be millionares.
Must remember to claim for that propshaft just ordered

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2009, 08:28:16 pm »

I'm with you 100% Danny.
If I fiddled my works expenses I would be fired. Then it would be very hard to get another job etc etc etc.
They are all a load of thieving Ba**teds. Vote for them NO. fire them all and start again YES.
Robbing Toads all of them. In years gone by they would have been delt with in the tower. OFF WITH THERE HEADS. >:-o >:-o >:-o
I'm not voteting Thursday.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

warspite

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2009, 09:49:24 pm »

Is it not in the power of the local constituancy to have their MP (who is supposdley representing them) removed, I know this would generate a requirement for a local election, and if enough constituancies did this, it would force a general election, what is the system, something joe bloggs is really not made aware of, I mean what is the conditions due to the death of an MP etc (note this is not a call to arms to rid them intentionally by death etc - wheres that rope  :})

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2009, 10:20:56 pm »

Watching the response of the people of Salford on TV this afternoon to Hazel 'Muppet' Blears statement that she was quitting the cabinet to go back to 'grass roots' and work for her constituents spoke volumes - they just don't want the woman around there any more, and said so very bluntly on camera.

The local Labour Party in Salford is currently putting a brave face on things by insisting that she has done wonderful work as a constituency MP.  My bet is that it won't be too long before they see the light and dump her for somebody who might just (beware of flying pigs) be electable at the next general election?

That's the beauty of democracy - in the end, the people always get what they want.  (Sadly, for most of the time, they have to put up with what they thought they wanted)...

Malc

nhp651

« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2009, 10:45:54 pm »

Bring back Cromwell, he would sort all this nonsense out... and very very quickly.

That would do nicely seeing as after his death he lost all favour with the populace of the country, and was exhumed, decapitated and strung up........................bloody good idea I say {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

warspite

« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2009, 11:14:37 pm »

I was told his head was stored in an attic until the 1970's before being reunited with his body

nhp651

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2009, 11:25:15 pm »

PROBABLY AS SMELLY AS SOME OF THE EXCUSES SOME OF THESE JOKERS ARE NOW GIVING ABOUT THEIR EXPENSES {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2009, 11:39:00 pm »

The crux of the whole matter is the dishonest way that the politicians refused to take a pay-rise as such, in order to encourage the rest of us to restrain our own wage claims. Instead, they cobbled together a deceitful "allowances" system which, in effect, was the pay rise they had publicly forgone.

The rules seem to be that as long as they presented receipts which totalled the claims they were submitting then just about any damn thing was permissible. Unfortunately some of them were so stupid that they took this at face value - hence the duck islands, servants' living quarters etc.

I don't particularly want to vote for someone who is so damned stupid that he/she can't even work out the rules or the reason for them, but I have no time for the likes of the BNP or their blazered cousins UKIP.

Better the devil you know?

Suit yourselves, but don't let the extremists in just to "punish" the mainstream.
FLJ

nhp651

« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2009, 11:50:37 pm »

but don't let the extremists in just to "punish" the mainstream.
Very good point, FLJ  :-)) :-))

omra85

« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2009, 08:43:43 pm »

Someone I was talking to today has a novel view of this - he said we should all vote Labour back in, just so that they can't run off and leave the mess to someone else!!  That way THEY would have to get us out of the trouble they have created.
As we know, if ANY different party gets in next time, they will wring their hands and say that, although they are very sorry, everything was all the fault of Labour - just as Labour did when they took over from the Conservatives!

Has anyone else noticed that the current trend of apologising seems to be getting out of hand? The word "sorry" is used to somehow absolve anyone from whatever mistakes or offences they have committed.  It's used like a "get out of jail free" card, with about as much sincerity and seem to have become acceptable as an ALTERNATIVE to punishment!

I've no desire to wish my life away but there are times when I'm glad I'm not twenty - because in another 40 years .......

Danny

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2009, 08:29:36 am »

Danny, there was a time not so long ago when the word 'sorry' never passed a politicians lips. It was as though there were some kind of politician training scheme running which meant you never answered a question directly with words like 'yes' or 'no' and the big forbidden word was 'sorry'.
Now the thieving rats have been caught with their hands in the till, they see their loss of juicy income going to the wall and the word sorry just keeps falling from their lips like so much dribble from a bulldohgs chops!
They also appeared to be schooled in the phrase..'I've done nothing wrong'! Those are the first words they will utter when a microphone is stuck under their noses, but we have seen that despite this, many of them certainly have and in some cases commited what appears to be a criminal act. All this from those who would control OUR lives? They are the slimiest and  most squirming bunch of beaming back slapping  parasites in high office this nation has encountered for years and far from giving them their jobs back, I would go with some of the more radical ways of dealing with them which I have heard expounded by the public at large. It won't happen though, this lot don't like referendums and definately when it is their neck..... literally on the line!

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2009, 01:39:35 pm »

The Police have now said that it will be extremely unlikely that any MP will be prosecuted as a result of the expenses scandal.  (BBC News 13h00).

What a surprise?

Malc

dreadnought72

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wood butcher with ten thumbs
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2009, 02:12:46 pm »

The Police have now said that it will be extremely unlikely that any MP will be prosecuted as a result of the expenses scandal.

But these are people who have knowingly stolen from the public purse.

(How can you not know you've already paid your mortgage off? How can you ever consider that moat-cleaning could be an expense to be shouldered by the tax-payer...)

One law for them, it seems, different ones for us.  >:-o

Andy
Enjoying every minute sailing W9465 Mertensia

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2009, 02:36:05 pm »

The reason given is that it would only be possible to prosecute the buggers if there was evidence that the Fees Office had been deliberately misled, yet to my mind the Fees Office staff were in collusion with the very people who were committing the fraud.

Do you suppose the Met has ever heard of Conspiracy to Defraud?

Fah - too slimy by half.

I can still remember that half-full bottle of Scotch.

FLJ

alsengineer

« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2009, 04:47:51 pm »

Perhaps we should have a people's revolution!  If we can't expect proper action from the police in regard to MPs' fraudulent behaviour then there is NO LAW left in our country.  Anyway, who decided they won't prosecute any of the thieving swine??? Somebody else is obviously getting a backhander, or their arm twisted.  UP THE REVOLUTION, I say. (But NOT the BNP way, of course)

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2009, 04:52:12 pm »

A tell ya when I see them and the way the go on in the House of Commons at question time. I think, this is in charge of the country.

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2009, 05:02:34 pm »

Gordon Brown is on TV talking about his cabinet re-shuffle as I type this.

A couple of truth's are abundantly clear from his presentation.

1)   The guy has no concept of the situation that he finds himself in - he is completely and utterly deluded, and;
2)   The British people, if believing that they still live in a democracy, are equally deluded.

Malc
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.