Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: M.P's SCANDALOUS BEHAVIOUR  (Read 17755 times)

Malcolm Reade

Re: M.P's SCANDALOUS BEHAVIOUR
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2009, 05:10:36 pm »

Caroline Flint resigns as Brown is still talking....

The end is nigh?

Malc

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2009, 06:21:17 pm »

And now that Hutton, Purnell and Buff(hoon) have also gone....who are we left with? A sleazy turncoat called Straw, an aptly named Balls....(no time for his wife either, but I can sympathise with any woman called Balls..an oxymoron?), a Darling of a chap who used to be a real left-winger who has reverted to type (the multi-fingered sort). My heart cannot sink much lower without exposing itself to fresh air for the first time in 69 years. The Queen is Head of State. Let her Rule.
Notes from a simple seaman

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2009, 07:33:36 pm »

Dear Bryan,

And Mandleson is still there (after being sacked twice I think it was), and the Chancellor has refused to go, and Brown refuses to go. Ye Gods, who do these people think they are!?

If they had a shred of honesty and public decency, Brown and this Govt. should resign asap..

Regards, Bernard

craftysod

« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2009, 07:43:49 pm »

who can sack them

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2009, 08:19:46 pm »

who can sack them

Good point. How can you un-elect somebody who was never elected.

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2009, 08:27:09 pm »

The conservatives go on at the way this government is running things,  they've got short memories !!!

I just really don't want to know any of them won't vote never have never will.

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2009, 09:53:34 pm »

who can sack them

The problem is that Prime Ministers are never elected - they mostly just happen to be the leader of the party that wins the election, and are thus mandated.  In reality, any serving MP can be, or become, Prime Minister.

We've heard mutterings about changing the system, fixed term Parliaments, primary elections (the voter chooses the candidates), but I suspect that there is too much vested interest, and money, involved for there to be any serious attempt to change the status quo.

There used to be a time when the civilised world modelled its own systems of government on our 'mother of Parliaments', and if the world still harbours such aspirations, then Heaven help it!

I never believed or thought that I would find myself saying that perhaps we really do need a revolution, but I'm certainly beginning to think that way...Our Parliamentarians are probably behaving in pretty much the same way as the French aristocracy did up to 1789, and on that basis, talk of a British revolution isn't as far-fetched as we might imagine?

Malc

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2009, 07:04:55 am »

A shake up and reform would help. Some of the system dates back to day one.

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2009, 07:37:58 am »

A shake up and reform would help. Some of the system dates back to day one.

Hopefully, one day, the liberals will get enough seats to force the reforms they want. These included changing the first past the post system, and moving towards proportional representation.

A much more democratic form of democracy, IMHO. It works in other countries.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2009, 02:07:29 pm »

Dear Tiger,

Oh how I do hope not! The last thing GB needs is Proportional Representation... it's bad enough with the present us/them old dinosaur system.

Let's indeed get rid of the present system, but let's replace it with something that we the people have control over. Only those who can prove performance in Constituencies should become MP's (and if not they are replaced), and PM's and Ministers should be voted in by all MP's. If we the people don't think much of the PM's and Ministers they can be voted out.

Ok, some might say that this system is not workable... but it is... Proportional Representation has proved it enables too much 'collaboration' between 'Parties' (against our wishes)... it's this Party system we need to get rid of once and for all... it is a defunct outdated pathetic and lame dinosaur that needs to be killed off once and for all.

Regards, Bernard

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2009, 02:34:24 pm »

Dear Tiger,

Oh how I do hope not! The last thing GB needs is Proportional Representation... it's bad enough with the present us/them old dinosaur system.

Let's indeed get rid of the present system, but let's replace it with something that we the people have control over. Only those who can prove performance in Constituencies should become MP's (and if not they are replaced), and PM's and Ministers should be voted in by all MP's. If we the people don't think much of the PM's and Ministers they can be voted out.

Ok, some might say that this system is not workable... but it is... Proportional Representation has proved it enables too much 'collaboration' between 'Parties' (against our wishes)... it's this Party system we need to get rid of once and for all... it is a defunct outdated pathetic and lame dinosaur that needs to be killed off once and for all.

Regards, Bernard

I couldn't agree more with you Bernard

Malc

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2009, 06:24:44 pm »

Dear Malc,

I am not seeking cudos with what I am saying, it just my beliefs in what is good and proper for GB.

The time is nigh for the people to speak... who will denigh us. Who has the right to stop us thinking of what is proper and right now. Who has the right to prevent it happening. No good will come of the normal apathetic behaviour of the GB populace... now is the time for action... and only action will determine our future now. Will all those who pontificate disatisfaction of the present system do something... well, we will see what Guts this Country has in the very near future............

Will all those who read this have the courage.......................................?

Regards, Bernard

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2009, 07:06:50 pm »

who can sack them

The problem is that Prime Ministers are never elected - they mostly just happen to be the leader of the party that wins the election, and are thus mandated.  In reality, any serving MP can be, or become, Prime Minister.

We've heard mutterings about changing the system, fixed term Parliaments, primary elections (the voter chooses the candidates), but I suspect that there is too much vested interest, and money, involved for there to be any serious attempt to change the status quo.

There used to be a time when the civilised world modelled its own systems of government on our 'mother of Parliaments', and if the world still harbours such aspirations, then Heaven help it!

I never believed or thought that I would find myself saying that perhaps we really do need a revolution, but I'm certainly beginning to think that way...Our Parliamentarians are probably behaving in pretty much the same way as the French aristocracy did up to 1789, and on that basis, talk of a British revolution isn't as far-fetched as we might imagine?

Malc

I didn't mean an "un-elected Prime Minister". I realise that the PM is "appointed" (so to speak) by his Parliamentary Party. What I should have made clear was that Brown bottled out of having his appointment put to the test by the great unwashed (us). At least Major got on his soapbox and won an election on his own account. BY.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2009, 07:32:06 pm »

Dear Bryan,

This is my point... a PM is seemingly 'annointed' buy his/her Party at present rather than but gnrl. public consensus. What right has anybody or any Political Party to 'assume' that they - who ever they might be - to have the right over 'US' to determine who is in absolute 'control'. They should have NOT. I reiterate, Cromwell, whilst out of line for a while re the Monarchy - but with the necessity re proper Govt. - to create a Revolution and the required re-direction of the present Format of todays GB - came back to the realisation of that this was a good form of proper Govt. - up until now that is. I have no problem with the Monarchy whatsoever all I wish to add, and comply with Cromwell's end thinking. It's just the Govt. that is stinking now......................................................

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2009, 12:57:20 pm »

I do apologise for the typo's re my last... more haste less speed!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.