Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RC equipment  (Read 1954 times)

shipwright65

RC equipment
« on: May 15, 2009, 12:35:34 am »

Hi all, just wondering what types of radio gear is used on these submarines, I'm building a Typhoon and have started to think about controlling it, and simply have no idea where to start. I'm in New Zealand so resources are a bit on the thin side.

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RC equipment
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:44:57 am »

Hi shipwright, standard digital radio gear as fitted to model boats will do the job,. I am unsure of the frequency used for model boats in NZ, you will need to find out, but it differs from the model aircraft frequencies so don't buy a set using aircraft frequencies, however,the equipment is the same and it does not have to be anything special. You cannot use the newer 2.4 gHz radio gear, the frequency is too high and will not penetrate through water.
Standard digital radio equipment on the marine frequency will happilly penetrate fresh water with the subs aerial inside the waterproof unit whilst submerged. It is all useless in a salt water environment as none of the signal will penetrate this medium, in this case, you would have to carry your aerial out of the boat so it was visible at the surface when the boat is submerged.

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
Re: RC equipment
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:06:10 pm »

Shipwright65,

I think NZ is on the same frequency as we are in Aus, so it will be
19 mhz, 27mhz or 36mhz....
Should keep you out or in trouble............. :-)) :-))

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.