Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just saying hi  (Read 1577 times)

cadman17_36

Just saying hi
« on: May 19, 2009, 02:50:15 am »

I would like to say that I have been reading many of your post and find this to be a great site. I am new to this and have built pastic models in the past. So you will be hearing me a lot once i have chosen a boat or ship to build. I am limited to size by my work station. I live near Cleveland , Ohio (USA) for you all over there by Lake Eire. If there is anyone near here and knows of a club in the area please let me know.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Just saying hi
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 03:04:44 am »

Hi cadman, and welcome to the madhouse forum. I'm sure if you have a question, there will be someone here who knows the answer, all you need to do is ask.

Peter.

towboatjoe

• Full Mayhemer
  • Rollin' on the River
    • Towboat Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 04:35:03 am »

Welcome cadman, I might have something to interest you if you would like to experiment with scratch building. It's the auto/ passenger ferry that runs from Sandusky the Put-in-Bay. See my model at this page http://www.towboatjoe.com/market.htm

I built a model for Bill Market who is owner of Miller Ferry Lines. I made a set of plans from the general arrangement plans I borrowed from him.
I live down in Flatwoods, KY across the river from Ironton, OH. Have a nice day.
Joe

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 06:21:41 am »

Very nice model, Joe  :-)) By the number of model boats on your web site, you've been a busy lad  O0 They all look lovely models.

Peter.

towboatjoe

• Full Mayhemer
  • Rollin' on the River
    • Towboat Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 01:22:12 pm »

Thanks Peter. I have been busy the past few years. I've built 54 models since 1992 and working on three others at the moment.

cadman17_36

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 02:29:11 am »

thanks for the replies and warm welcomes as for my first scratch built i was thinking of maybe a tug or something along that line. but i may be instrested in the ferry some day.

thanks a again all
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.