Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does such a beast exist?  (Read 2820 times)

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
Does such a beast exist?
« on: May 19, 2009, 09:41:38 pm »

I have an old Graupner sound unit which creates a diesel engine sound including a start up sequence, following the throttle for revs and a shut down sequence.  I know that Graupner no longer make this unit and there is a manufacturer in Canada that makes something very similar for 120.00 pounds each and I want two!!

Is there anything else out there a bit more reasonably priced which will do what I want?
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

andyn

Re: Does such a beast exist?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 09:45:21 pm »

Two words, ACTION MAN!!!!

glowworm

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:20:28 pm »

hi bunkerbarge,
                     go to our club site - srcmbc - "solent radio control model boat club. look for alan bonds sound unit, it is exactly what you mentioned, you can also see it working. it can be bought through "technobots" in totton nr southampton, hants. you can find them on the web. it is available as a kit or ready made (i think about £20 for the latter). these are excellent value for money and a fantastic piece of kit. alan makes lots of other things so if you want your boat to do other things that the shops cannot supply then i am sure he would be happy for you to contact him through the club.
i hope this is some help,
                                                        cheers,
                                                         chris          (glowworm).

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 01:25:50 am »

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, certainly a few things to follow up there.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 10:56:57 pm »

well had a listen to both the diesel and the petrol and they both sound like diesel's .
This is not a bad thing as the petrol one is the same sound as the little dock tendering boats used at goole .
Mint .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 05:59:06 pm »

And to add to my last post , my compliments to the guy (i didn't get his name) at technobots . I rang them up friday mid morning about the sound system and what extras i would need , speaker etc, and placed an order .
This morning the postman brought me a package with the order and by this aft i had installed it in my springer , on the basic setting with a single putt putt i like it , it even has a run down for the motor and a cranking start up , if you dont run up the motor on starting the engine stalls   :-)) mint.
I would recomend this to anyone starting out and me as its simple , and for the more tecnological out there you can hook it up to the pc and download more sounds and load them onto the board  .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.