Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 02 Bank Scam  (Read 1772 times)

wbeedie

02 Bank Scam
« on: May 21, 2009, 12:08:57 am »

Seen this on another site but a heads up to make sure you check your bank statements for tester amounts being deducted from bank accounts to O2 and other mobile PAYG accounts before being ripped off big style and it doesnt matter if you have a mobile from that provider or not
here is a link to the first page but makes scary reading at the amount of it happening
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1143773

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 02 Bank Scam
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 10:05:32 am »

It seems to be happening all the time and is not very widely publicised (for obvious reasons). I think the weak point in many so called secure systems is the dishonesty of some employees at the supplier end who sell the information on.

Colin

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 12:12:08 pm »

That's bad. I need to check my statements when I get home!  >:-o
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

chingdevil

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 12:39:58 pm »

Been there, seen that, had the hassle of getting it back. Though mine was for Vodaphone, a sneeky little £20 top up nine times over 3 days at Easter. Even with the card stopped another five went through, new card new number and all the problems that entails.
When I phoned up Nationwide, it started out like they did not believe me but some raised voices soon sorted that out. Swimbo thought it was great fun as I could not buy more bits for the boats without asking her

Honest officer he only tripped up the baseball bat <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

Brian

steve pickstock

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 01:08:13 pm »

Can I point out at this point that this is highly unlikely behaviour by O2 as a company. The damage is more likely being done by people using card details to access top ups.

I work for O2 and it is a big part of the company ethos to not do this sort of thing and to trade fairly.

If you think that it is something to do with the company write to them at 260 Bath Road in Slough, SL1 4DX.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 01:34:35 pm »

I think everyone hopes it's not O2 (or any of the other mobile phone companies) as a company taking
the money as a scam Steve but as it says on Martin Money Forum, it has been going on for years and the
"companies" are not being proactive in stopping it..... and at the end of the day the bank statements
say, O2 took the money.....
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

wbeedie

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 06:50:12 pm »

Its not 02 themselves but people using 02 payg and other things as testers before raiding accounts ,and nothing to do with the companies mentioned I should hasve made that clearer in original post, but 02 and OTHERS should amend security as its happening a lot more
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.