Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship simulator  (Read 1650 times)

furball

Ship simulator
« on: May 21, 2009, 09:44:12 am »

Only seems to be Rotterdam at the moment.

http://ships.planetinaction.com/

(needs to get a browser plugin for Google Earth)

Lance

polaris

• Shipmate
Re: Ship simulator
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 06:21:23 pm »

Dear Lance,

Thankyou for Posting this. Will have a good look over the weekend - as-&-when time permits!

Regards, Bernard

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:17:54 am »

Hi Lance, thanks for the link.
I had an exploratory trip down the canal and found the steering fairly realistic, but any traffic showed only as water disturbance, except in the birds eye view ?. When I experimented by causing a collision I simply trampled all over the poor bloke ! Then on the back of that I went exploring over the fields - complete with bow and stern wash ! I would say it is alright if you want to go on a trip down memory lane (providing it is in Rotterdam !) but lacks the ship handling and consequences of bad moves !

regards

Mike

tolnedra

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 09:43:12 am »

Hi Mike,
Whilst in general agreeing with your comments, if you try running more than one of the possible boats/ships at the same time, then you get realistic situations, having to avoid one another. The annoying thing is that you can only be skipper of one at a time, and then have to shift to the other boat! Does pass away some time when the TV is rubbish (normal) or the weather is bad outside, making model boating for real of less appeal!!! :((

Danny

OMK

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 10:22:16 am »

Although primarily for model planes, there is a flight sim called EasyFly which also works with model boats. You can download several scenes and models, and also has the ability to work with your own transmitter. All you need is a lead from the Tx's trainer socket to the PC. Since most modern PCs are devoid of any serial ports, a cheapy lead can be purchased for about £10.00, which plugs direct from the transmitter and then into a spare USB port.

MikeK

• Full Mayhemer
  • Utter Bloody Chaos !!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 03:39:35 pm »

Amen to your opinion of most t.v nowadays, Danny   :-))

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.