Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nokia N73 mobile phone  (Read 3187 times)

das boot

Nokia N73 mobile phone
« on: May 23, 2009, 04:41:17 pm »

Anybody else have a Nokia N73 mobile phone? I have one, terrific piece of technology, takes much better pictures than my camera does, but it has one fault  that is driving me mad....every now and again it switches to camera mode, even when it's laying on my desk doing nothing. Half way through writing a text or an email, it will switch  to camera mode, and I have  to come out of text and switch the camera off...then it will do it again....and again...ad infinitum. I have to switch it off completely and start again sometimes.
Just wondering if any other N73 users have the same problem?

Rich

barryfoote

Re: Nokia N73 mobile phone
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 09:59:30 pm »

Rich,

Sounds like a software problem to me. try plugging it into the PC and downloading the latest software for it. There may well be a patch of some kind that fixes these glitches..

catengineman

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 10:01:57 pm »

Bin'ed my Nokia N73 and went back to my sony ericsson

nokia did similar to yours I even had the software replaced and updated but would dial last number used even when on side table, but would not hang up unless switched off >>:-(  pluss boot up was so slooooooooooow  >>:-(

never want another nokia again!!!

R,

das boot

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 06:31:57 am »

Rich,

Sounds like a software problem to me. try plugging it into the PC and downloading the latest software for it. There may well be a patch of some kind that fixes these glitches..

Tried that Barry, downloaded the latest software, made no difference at all.... <*<

Bin'ed my Nokia N73 and went back to my sony ericsson

nokia did similar to yours I even had the software replaced and updated but would dial last number used even when on side table, but would not hang up unless switched off >>:-(  pluss boot up was so slooooooooooow  >>:-(

never want another nokia again!!!

R,

Same as that...I've binned mine and returned to my old faithful Motorola A1000.  O0

Rich

catengineman

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 07:58:02 am »

On board ship we say "IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT" and the phone companies dont seen to understand that, bring a "new" model out every few months to fleece more money from its customers but the product is not fault free!! (oh well the customer wont mind they can have a newer model later)
My phone IS A PHONE I have a laptop with a full keyboard for internet work etc, I have a digital camera with 12X zoom and 6X digi zoom. so a phone with bells and whistles is a waist of time IMHO

R,

Tester

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 08:08:25 am »

No problems at all with my N73, best phone I've used.

Sorry this doesn't help but I did keep mine updated via Nokia site and used the Allaboutsymbian forum for other tips etc.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85

Richard

catengineman

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 12:35:53 pm »

As I said I tried all sorts to make mine work correctly even having sent it back after one week but !

I did use the nokia site and still had problems so reverted back to my sony and I am happy again.
I also have a motorolla razar 3i which has no faults that I have found

Oh both of my phones are the flip type and I will be staying with that type for a long time and never go over to nokia again.

(sorry its how I feel about the phones and the company and the after sales service)

R,

Leaky

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 06:38:37 pm »

There have been problems with the 'N' series i had to do a software upgrade on my N76 which has been fine since.Ive had lots of phones and in my opinion nokia are the best out of all of them O0
badly raised and ill mannered.

das boot

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 06:48:04 pm »

I've had loads of Nokias in the past and this has been the first one I've really had problems with, but I do like my A1000 PDA...guess it's my best friend. (nobody call me sad...OK) <*< <*< <*<

The councl have now given me a Nokia 6020, it's a prety good fone, bit basic but it was free so who's complaining!

Rich

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 08:32:57 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 12:43:45 am »

I also have a motorola razar 3i which has no faults that I have found

Interesting, as here that model Motorola was generally regarded as rubbish. My daughter had one which gave her no end of trouble, so she took it back to the shop and they replaced it with a Nokia, which has been excellent. She was told that the Razr 3 was so bad, if anyone complained (which many did) the Motorola was immediately replaced, no further questions asked.

Maybe we had a different version of the Razr 3 here.

Peter.

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 01:02:07 am »

I had a Motorola Razr for about 2.5 years - most reliable mobile phone that I ever had...

My latest Samsung is a bag of maggots...

Malc

catengineman

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 06:40:29 am »

There are so many "units" (to call them phones would be a mistake in description) on sale now it's a wonder any one has a similar model to the next person  {-)

My daughter and her partner love the nokia range and change their phones regularly My brother is a bit of a L G fan.

I said that I had lots of trouble with the N 73 and even had some problems with the "loan" phone, again a nokia, I would say that this has possibly tainted my view, along with the after sales service from the company I will never own another nokia.

My Motorola had the front screen replaced £10.00 but that was my fault it got broken but even with the screen off the phone still worked perfectly.
My wife uses a lower model Motorola and she has had no trouble.

I know people who have nokia phones and say they are the best in the market, their choice not mine.

R,

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 07:02:47 am »

I had a Motorola Razr for about 2.5 years - most reliable mobile phone that I ever had...

So did I Malc, although mine was a later version than the one my daughter had. Mine was excellent.

Peter.

riggers24

• Full Mayhemer
  • Just full of stupid questions
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 09:03:24 am »

I have always been a nokia man with the N73 being the last I had, I tried the software upgrade myself and it did get better for a while then it died. Because of the warranty it went back to O2 and they had problems with it but I finally got it back working. I had to move networks due to coverage as 02 didn't have the cover all over the site at work so I have gone to vodaphone on a Sony Ericson C902 and this is a good phone.
I will finish the crash tender someday - Still got tooo many toys to play with
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.