Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mtroniks Viper marine Speed control & Bait Boats!  (Read 22721 times)

Stavros

Re: Mtroniks Viper marine Speed control & Bait Boats!
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 01:29:03 pm »

Personally speaking as a fisherman and bait boat user i have never had a problem with noise.I must admit to what I do is quite simple really as I used to have a broadlands bait boat which was noisy,I used to drive the boat around the swim that I was fishing especially if there were carp in the swim and visible and leave them with the boat it is amazing to watch the carp go up to the boat and nudge it as they are very curious fish,as long as you have left them come to terms with the boat and it's noise they do not spook away.having worked in a fisherey and been in the water working after a short while the carp will come up to you and as long as you stand still they will nudge you which is quite funny really,I worked in a lake for over a week and allways had fish around me all the time.But of course it is a different matter when one is walking around a lake fish spotting cos as soon as they see you they are off like a rocket and not returning to that spot for hours or even days.

Stav

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 01:35:11 pm »

i wonder if action could alter that mixer for me that would be awsome!,,,,i bet they probably made it custom for the bait boat company seen as there the leaders in the mixing field?,,,
No.
We don't modify P94 units for anyone except Subtech, who simply have a version with dual steering outputs.
Most of the bait boats for which we have sold these seem to use pumps instead of propellers.
To change the frequency would not only be unnecessary but would involve a total software re-write. That is not going to happen.
It's different by design.
It doesn't make motors whine.
End of subject.
FLJ

tight-lines

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 01:59:46 pm »

calm down,i didnt mean change the frequancy,i ment change the one i got to steer in reverse ,bcos it goes backwards straight with no steer,and steers forwards ok,,,never mind im not trying to upset you ,,forget it,,,i understand what you must be saying,if you dont want the one we have dont bother,,,well there is a good chance i do yet,just looking at my options,,

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2009, 02:00:32 pm »

Been looking in on this with mild interest. Now, I am not a fisherman so don't know much about the subject, but looking at Stavros's comment got me thinking. I reckon fish are probably like a lot of other creatures and would get used to something moving very slowly and gently through the water and as Stav has pointed out, would be intruiged by it, especially after it has come to a standstill. Even if they could detect the noise, the fact they got a meal everytime they heard it and saw 'the thing' on the surface, might actually mean they would associate the noise with food and at some point, may actually follow the thing around, provided it was a slow and gentle movement across the lake.
With most creatures, slow and gentle is the name of the game, no sudden noise or movement makes them see most things as a 'safe bet' and they will get used to a continued presence... especially if it feeds them.
We have  had fish follow our submarines around and actually go and inspect them when they became static underwater. I personally use a Viper SSR driving two motors on 50mm props in my sub and it produces audible oscillations, but the fish don't seem to care because the sub does not produce any kind of sharp or disturbing movements or noises.
Maybe you should be looking at larger slow turning props as they cause little disturbance and don't worry about doing anything in a hurry when dealing with these creatures. I do know one thing, they are basically driven  by food, and are a bit smarter than most people give them credit for.
Chris

tight-lines

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 02:08:06 pm »

thanks you two,might give it ago with some bigger props then,also im gona get the p94 unit next week,,,and try and use my old motors,,
just gona sell my new vipers on a well known @bay that should get me some money back towards the p94,,
looking forward to ordering it now,,and i think the action boss will be happy ive made my mind up tooŽso im not pestering him about it,
if i cant get the propshafts off the old motors im gona have to get the ones i would realy like anyway and that the electronize 545-12,
so what ever happens ive gona have a quiet boat now,,

thanks action man :embarrassed:,,will order soon,,if your not ready for shooting me :-))

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2009, 02:51:02 pm »

Topic renamed.  :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

tight-lines

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 05:34:10 pm »

Topic renamed.  :-)

hi martin i dont supose you can remove the two posts with the pictures on of the bait boat,bcos ive not ben able to get hold of the lad i got it from ,i think hes away fishing,so i havent asked his permision if i can use them,,dont think he will mind,but he might think im a bit cheeky,,thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.