Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad and Sincere To Newcastle Fans .....  (Read 3519 times)

banjo

Sad and Sincere To Newcastle Fans .....
« on: May 24, 2009, 09:28:18 pm »

{-) :} :D

I would like to say how sad we, on the banks of the Wear, are at the departure from the Premier Division of Newcastle United.

:}

had away bonnie lads....

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Sad and Sincere To Newcastle Fans .....
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 11:21:22 pm »

I am sure you are pleased . But that is a very shortsighted view. Rivalry between football clubs is all well and good. But in your heart of hearts  you must agree that the demotion of NUFC is bad news for the region as a whole. Like it or not, Newcastle is the hub of the North East with other Regional cities and towns being important but "secondary" to Newcastle. Football is a form of tribalism. I accept that. But gloating over the relegation of a "club" that is economically important to the region as a whole strikes me as being a bit crass. The NE of the country needs the 3 clubs to be in the Premier league. Most other large cities have more than one major club. We,up here, don't. Most other large cities within the UK are bigger than Newcastle and Sunderland combined. All that divides us is a rver. And that river makes the divide. We are the same people. You will suffer just as much from the relegation of NUFC as the people who happen to live on the North side of the river. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

andygh

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 11:49:24 pm »

Maybe but it is hilarious

PS. Are you a football fan?

MCR

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 11:55:19 pm »

Wear side lost their manager shows how cr*p they are too!

Bartapuss

• Full Mayhemer
  • Deltic's Rule OK!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 12:04:58 am »

Man walks into a brothel and asks do you do humiliation???.

yes, we do, the woman behind the desk replies.

How much??, the man asks.

£37.50, replies the woman.

That's a fair price I'll take it, says the man, and he pays his money.

The woman behind the desk hands him a Newcastle United top!!!

{-) :embarrassed: {-)

Every time I learn something new, it pushes something old out of my brain - I says wot I likes and I likes wot I say!!!

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 12:11:04 am »

Maybe but it is hilarious

PS. Are you a football fan?
Only insofar that I enjoy football being played well and not by bought-in fly-by-nights who have no allegiance whatsoever to the club that empoys them.

Proteus

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 12:22:08 am »

Well in 12 months they will be back playing Leeds united.. ;D

Proteus

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 12:35:47 am »

I've always had a soft spot for Newcastle United, mainly because my wife comes from the Newcastle NSW area, as did my father. The fact that Aussie, Mark Viduka has played for the club in recent years has probably added to that feeling. I agree with Bryan that the demotion to the Championship is economically bad for the Newcastle region, and the loss to the Premiership of such an iconic club is sad indeed. I can not understand how anyone would regard it as "hilarious", regardless of which other club you support.

Peter.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 06:53:41 am »

My Mate Jason will be wearing a black arm band for the foreseeable future...

....  on the other hand, our local team POSH have been promoted to the Champions league so they'll
 be playing each other this season at least!  :-))

.... going down by an own goal, sums up their season I guess.  {:-{
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

banjo

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 07:00:14 am »

:}

When I started this thread I was 99% certain that it would generate a reply from Bryan.
Having spent my early years in Langley Park, the knowledgeable will know the significance of that, it is not only county boundaries that can be divisive.  The whole village was split 'tween Sunderland and Newcastle, and a very healthy spirit it generated. Those were the days of Jackie Milburne and Len Shackleton.  A very different time.
I hope that this temporary setback will see NUFC rise, phoenix like, to the Premiership under new and capable management and that the fans will pay to see some good footy and not watch the gate money fuelling the Chairman's doubtful lifestyle.

andygh

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 09:47:42 am »

Only insofar that I enjoy football being played well and not by bought-in fly-by-nights who have no allegiance whatsoever to the club that empoys them.

So no then, if you had a club in your blood you would understand what club rivalry means, being a football fan is all about emotion not logical thought, although Murdoch and his premiership would have you believe otherwise. You suggest NUFC relegation will be bad for the local economy, why? The vast majority of the money in football is from overseas and generally stays there, and as Newcastle have the best and most loyal fans in the world (that's what they keep telling us anyhow) they will still keep turning up every week.

Funny really, Mr Shepherd is quoted as saying that lower league clubs (ie. non-premiership) should be reduced in number or amalgamated with their local rivals. I wonder how he would feel about joining forces with Gateshead United.

Newcastle fans who feel hard done by should thank their lucky star that they aren't a fan of my team, then they'd know real anguish  <:( but as a proper fan I have to take everything on the chin and come back for more.

Grown men crying at football matches? tut tut

sentry

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 12:24:39 am »

Sorry but as Newcastle fans have taken the pi**  out of us Sunderland fans for year's it made my day.
                          A very happy Sentry.

barryfoote

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 08:18:23 am »

As a neutral looking in they deserved to go down. Four managers in a year, an owner who has tried but failed to sell, internal ranglings in the public domain and a bunch of players who couldn't care less.....

......Not to mention that they STOLE our great and longstanding Manager, only to kick him in the teeth within a few months...(Big Sam)..

Better them than a team like HUll, who have entertained and put in 100% every week..

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 10:08:20 am »

I am not a football fan , and don't realy care about what teams are in it top division . within most of the top teams the (players) only think of lining their own pockets and been number 1 , they have to remember its a team sport .
Any way at least Hull will be still there  :} :} .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 05:14:30 pm »

This might seem a bit silly......but I agree with all of you! NUFC have a long history of being beaten by teams from the "lower divisions". Be interesting to see how they fare next season. I expect there will be quite a few expensive houses in Ponteland up for sale shortly. But good riddance to most of them anyway. By the way, what is the average "salary" for a player in the "Championship"? BY.

wbeedie

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 08:00:38 pm »

Ponteland Bryan,wages must be tight I would have thought Darrashall would be the place for them

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 10:37:46 pm »

Ponteland Bryan,wages must be tight I would have thought Darrashall would be the place for them
Shame on you!!!! Darras Hall estate is in Ponteland!. Tut Tut. BY.

wbeedie

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 08:42:12 am »

Shame on you!!!! Darras Hall estate is in Ponteland!. Tut Tut. BY.
Ask someone from there if tthey are from Ponteland and they will reply no  :}

andygh

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 04:42:11 pm »

Better them than a team like HUll, who have entertained and put in 100% every week..

Won how many games since Christmas, 1? I fear the writing's on the wall for them next season. Good luck to 'em anyway

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 06:20:54 pm »

Howay the Lads! Divvent dunch wuh man! Me Marra BY hez gorrit reet - yees suthenez oh gangin up on wuh. Hev a browndog an forgeraboot it. Wer all saylas man! :-))

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 07:42:42 pm »

This is all getting a bit esoteric. I am not a "fan" of NUFC as such, but being my home town (so to speak) I'm aware ..sadly.. of the tribulations the club is going through. But why persist in calling it a "club"? The average fan of all of the major "clubs" has as much of an input as a fly in McDonalds. Look up the word "club" in your dictionary.
After watching Barcelona demolish Man.United last night I began to have serious doubts about the future of British football at the highest level. Apparently Barcelona is a "club" , and ....like Ferrari, like it or not....tend to keep everything "in house". No Russian oligarchs, no American speculators etc. etc. etc.
Who actually owns St.James Park? As far as I know the "ground" belongs to Newcastle Council. Not NUFC. So who is paying for this vast arena? I suppose my argument boils down to the notion that I would like to see football played in a competitve manner between teams that had their town and fans at heart.

The long Build

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 08:12:53 pm »

I suppose my argument boils down to the notion that I would like to see football played in a competitve manner between teams that had their town and fans at heart.

I don't follow football in any way  (Although I have 12 shares in Tranmere Rovers from 1911) but fully agree with your comment there BY.

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 12:40:19 am »

By is succinct in his conclusion. I live in the city and the fans deserve far more, ultimately they have the financial power  ok2 - The beautiful game? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 22 queries.