Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Childhood TV programs  (Read 12852 times)

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Childhood TV programs
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 11:36:07 am »

Not to forget Crackerjack :-))

Leaky

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 01:24:43 pm »

Who remembers 'Michael Bentines potty time' its not as dodgy as it sounds  :-)
badly raised and ill mannered.

warspite

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 03:08:48 pm »

:-) with the fles diarama's, very funny sketches with the little potatoe shape figures  :-))

catengineman

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 10:27:02 pm »

Do you by any chance mean     PINGU

baby penguin was the star but it had mum dad and a sort of story?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTWv63RyLP8

bigfella

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2009, 07:11:49 am »

No not Pingu it was a sort of animation but not Clay. It was stop motion (if that is the correct name) The penguins were made of knitted wool.

warspite

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2009, 09:18:52 am »

MEET THE PENGUINS 1952

Mother and Father Penguin have three children, a boy called Beesie, a girl called Boffles and a baby called Bobo. They all live in an igloo with Aunt Penelope. Every programme ended with Aunt Penelope, in her rocking chair, singing a song to the children which started: "Don't you forget".

found it on wirlygig

is it this bigfella ? :D

OH - he's probably gone to bed

bigfella

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 01:03:46 pm »

MEET THE PENGUINS 1952

Mother and Father Penguin have three children, a boy called Beesie, a girl called Boffles and a baby called Bobo. They all live in an igloo with Aunt Penelope. Every programme ended with Aunt Penelope, in her rocking chair, singing a song to the children which started: "Don't you forget".

found it on wirlygig

is it this bigfella ? :D

OH - he's probably gone to bed

No still up, and no it is not Meet The Penguins, but thanks for looking.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2009, 10:33:26 pm »

I do recall being on a six week residential training course about 1968.  After tea (possibly an early dinner for the posh) me and my mate used to gallop off to the BBCTV room (i.e. the room with a telly in it tuned to BBC1) to catch Magic Roundabout.  After two or three days, we were noticed, and others turned up.  The next week there was a sudden exodus.  The last three weeks of the course that room was crowded solid.
On an earlier course, pre-evening meal watching was Thunderbirds.  Great fun cheering the baddies on and laughing our socks off at the string. 
Childrens programs then were really wasted on children, sadly present day ones seem to be written and performed by, presumably adults, but adults who think children should never develop.  Grumpy old git rant over.
Anybody remember Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble & Grubb?  Sorted all manner of dire emergencies but never a fire.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2009, 10:41:23 pm »

anyone remember zelda and the terrahawks?
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2009, 11:26:33 pm »

I remember Fireball XL5, with that demented monkey.

Monkey?? Silly boy! It was a Lazoon.

Could never work out how that thing took off at such a slow speed, even with the long run-up and tilted ramp. I guess it was Gerry and Sylvia's secret (or the cunningly hidden piece of string attached to its fins..........).

Got some more Andersonia  -
Supercar, with Mike Mercury - Freddie's Grandad;
Torchy the Battery Boy - James Poll's Grandad?
Four Feather Falls, with Tex Tucker - which sounds like either something you could eat or be sectioned under the Mental Health Act for.
Joe Ninety - should have gone to Specsavers

The there were the endless 60s cowboy shows:
The Range Rider - with his sidekick Dick West
The Lone Ranger - without Dick West (yeah - I know  it was Tonto)
Maverick (Brett, Bart and Beau - take yer pick)
Bonanza (Old F^rts on even older horses)
Bronco (Toilet paper?)
Sugarfoot (<Censored>)

I'm with Doc Frary on this one - Eric Thompson for God!

FLJ ("On our way 'ome")

nhp651

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2009, 11:40:10 pm »

My favorite puppet show preceeded all those you have mentioned, and that was Four Feather Falls,
But I thought all you antipodeans would have been mourning the loss of Number 96, or at least Tin Town(?), not to mention the original Flying Doctors with ( I think) an old Dak DC3 and the inimitable SKIPPY. {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 12:55:42 am »

not to mention the original Flying Doctors with ( I think) an old Dak DC3

Neil, the aircraft used in the old TV series, The Flying Doctors, was actually a Government Aircraft Factory (GAF) Nomad N22. The RFDS currently uses Pilatus PC12 turboprops, among others.

I think most of have now recovered from the loss of Number 96, which ran from 1972 to 1977, and was (in)famous for its nude scenes. It caused massive controversy at the time.

Peter.

bigfella

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 07:59:21 am »

Peter, don't forget The Box. Or Skyways and the show that only lasted a couple of episodes because it was garbage Arcade.

wombat

• Full Mayhemer
  • The view from the shallow end of the gene pool
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2009, 10:07:33 am »

Always remember that during the summer holidays, schools broadcasting was replaced by a whole series of very badly dubbed european import programmes

Belle & Sebastian
The Flashing Blade
The Aeronauts

To name but a few. I think most of them were French.

Anyone remember the Eastern European cartoons that used to appear, like Mole and Ludwig. Far better than all that Hanna-Barbera crap that was piped in from the US. Even when I was young enough to watch it I couldn't stick it.

Wom
The prat in the hat - www.floatingwombat.me.uk - Have look & say Hi

warspite

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2009, 12:09:37 pm »

Those french programs and the three musketeers cartoon was on the best fore runner to saturday swap shop type format and was called BANANA SPLITS with ringo bungle drooper and a hairy elephant i cannot rember the name of - oh an a manic cuckoo clock whose head span around - classic

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2009, 12:54:54 pm »

Sunday afternoons.  Noggin the Nog, a small Norman/Viking.  Usually versus his evil uncle, Nogbad the Bad.  Assistance from the Ice Dragon.  Made by Smallfilms, if memory serves.
Not having a telly at the time, I missed out on childhood TV when I was that age, but on the electric wireless there was the Goon Show and, with a lot of tuner twiddling, Riders of the Range on Radio Luxembourg.  And Journey into Space, to be listened to from a place of safety, like behind the sofa.

wombat

• Full Mayhemer
  • The view from the shallow end of the gene pool
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2009, 01:20:04 pm »

Those french programs and the three musketeers cartoon was on the best fore runner to saturday swap shop type format and was called BANANA SPLITS with ringo bungle drooper and a hairy elephant i cannot rember the name of - oh an a manic cuckoo clock whose head span around - classic

They were actually Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky - that one was the elephant, which never actually spoke.

Sunday afternoons.  Noggin the Nog, a small Norman/Viking.  Usually versus his evil uncle, Nogbad the Bad.  Assistance from the Ice Dragon.  Made by Smallfilms, if memory serves.

Certainly was - Oliver Postgate's voice was a part of my childhood - from Noggin the Nog to Ivor the Engine via the Clangers and Bagpuss. The dragon was called Groliffe and I think that the Nogs were based on Vikings (though not the raidng sort)

Wom
The prat in the hat - www.floatingwombat.me.uk - Have look & say Hi

warspite

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2009, 01:26:12 pm »

Very true - memories not what it used to be, still think it was the best program bar the french flashing blade bit  :}

Marks Model Bits

• No Mustang Mark
  • Full Mayhemer
  • http://marksmodelbits.com/
    • Marks Model Bits
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2009, 02:08:35 pm »

The Banana Splits characters were Fleegle, a dog, Bingo, a gorilla, drooper, a lion and Snork, an elephant... Ah yes it brings back happy memories.....

My personal favorite has to be the Muppet Show.....

Mark
I HAVE NOT FAILED, I HAVE FOUND 1000 WAYS THAT DON'T WORK.!!!!

http://marksmodelbits.com/

bigfella

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2009, 02:26:08 pm »

Spent part of my childhood in Malta in the 60s and TV was only on for 3 hours a day. However it being close to Sicily we could pick up RAI the Italian TV network and at the time if we wanted to watch more than the 3 hours of English language TV we had to learn Italian as all the RAI programs were dubbed. As a child that was pretty easy I could speak fluant Maltese and Italian but can not remember either now other than swear words. It was funny watching The Monkees in Italian.

John C

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2009, 04:22:27 pm »

Just a blurred recollection, but was there a character called Fergus fish?

John C

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2009, 05:32:06 pm »

thunderbirds
joe 90

oh fraggle rock also appeared as a kids TV show

as a kid i also used to watch The A-Team and battlestar galactica, (which was, and is in mu opinion better than the original star trek series).  who also remembers MacGuyver?

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2009, 05:40:20 pm »

without delving into all the back posts....I still reckon that (apart from "the Clangers") the Magic Roundabout should be up there in the Premier League. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2009, 05:41:54 pm »

and i still think that dillon was on something VERY dodgy.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2009, 09:13:48 pm »

Nah, Dylan just had naturally a very relaxed outlook.
I had the misfortune to see some of the original French production from before Eric Thompson's voice was added.  Pre Thomson, rubbish, with his narration, pure genius.  As Jasper Carrptt said later, "Hectors House", which was a replacement in the slot, "was rubbish.  It's for kids".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.