Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Microsoft genuine advantage  (Read 1983 times)

Garabaldy

Microsoft genuine advantage
« on: May 27, 2009, 09:12:08 pm »

Ok this load of rubbish has started appearing all over my computer and its really beginning to iritate me. 

Thank you very much microsoft for having so much trust in me that you need to pollute my computer with this pointless piece of software which constantly bugs me with stupid messages flashing up.  My version of windows IS genuine.

Now how do i get rid of it.  I do not want this running all the time.  Why should i?

Does anyone have any advice on what to do?  I understand the messages will probably stop if i follow the instructions but i want to be free of this rediculous software all together.

Thanks

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Re: Microsoft genuine advantage
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:33:30 pm »

easy , reboot with linux and wave bye bye to mr microsoft for ever .
i have a genuine version with licence and the clever people at microsoft have installed a"this copy of windows is not genuine" flag that keeps popping up , i have spoke to them and they say its one of my programs that is illegal  :embarrassed:  :police:  <*< , but they dont know which one and neither do i  so its stale mate for me .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

Garabaldy

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 10:17:20 pm »

Yes maybe its about time i told microsoft windows to shove it!

The long Build

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 10:22:07 pm »

Yes maybe its about time i told microsoft windows to shove it!

I've recently started to get it as well , Had a look in msstartup but could see nothing there..   

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 01:11:36 am »

If your copy of windows is genuine just follow the link. MS website will see that it is a licensed copy and stop bugging you.

If it is a pirate copy the MS website will see that and I believe you could then get a blank screen. This is to stop piracy and, I believe, will not involve a prosecution.

If anyone has a pirate copy, nobody is in a position to complain about the pop-up. It is afterall 'free' sfotware you have.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 06:23:12 am »

You might like to read this article about WGA, and how to avoid its use, but still remain updated.

Barrie

http://windowssecrets.com/links/pi04mzfs519xd/d94a84h/?url=WindowsSecrets.com%2F2009%2F05%2F21%2Fts%2F%3Fn%3Dstory1

The long Build

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 08:21:49 am »

If your copy of windows is genuine just follow the link. MS website will see that it is a licensed copy and stop bugging you.

If it is a pirate copy the MS website will see that and I believe you could then get a blank screen. This is to stop piracy and, I believe, will not involve a prosecution.

If anyone has a pirate copy, nobody is in a position to complain about the pop-up. It is afterall 'free' sfotware you have.

Which I thought they were not allowed to do as it has to reconfig  your computer to create the blank screen.
I have a genuine copy and have been on the ms site to get updates etc and have had the gunuine software check done at the time , so why out of the blue has this suddenlty appeared as I have already been MS checked ?.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 09:23:14 am »

You might like to read this article about WGA, and how to avoid its use, but still remain updated.

Barrie

http://windowssecrets.com/links/pi04mzfs519xd/d94a84h/?url=WindowsSecrets.com%2F2009%2F05%2F21%2Fts%2F%3Fn%3Dstory1

....and how to get rid of i!! This site has other information about WGA and alternatives for keeping up to date without it.

Barrie

http://windowssecrets.com/links/pi04mzfs519xd/7daf4fh/?url=WindowsSecrets.com%2F2009%2F05%2F28%2Fki%2F%3Fn%3Dknown0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.