Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: electronize Type 545-12 Motor?  (Read 6458 times)

tight-lines

electronize Type 545-12 Motor?
« on: May 29, 2009, 07:16:08 pm »

hi has anybody ever used these motors,,i was thinking of getting two,bcos of the low current drain,and a good mix of torque and rpm
,,but i dont know much about these things,,,,could anybody tell me what they think please,,,here's a link to them,,,,

http://www.electronize.co.uk/model_electronics_frames.htm

stallspeed

Re: electronize Type 545-12 Motor?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 07:47:46 pm »

Only about half of all model boat modellers have used 545 motors. :}....withot the label which adds a few pennies.

If the motors you want to replace by 545 motors are the same size then they are the same power.
If your original motors say 9 watt you can up the voltage.

tight-lines

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 08:23:15 pm »

hi stall speed thanks for the help,am i right in thinking that your saying that all this size motors are the same? its just the badge they put on them thats different,didnt totaly understand what you ment,,its probably bcos im new to all this im sure every one else did

stallspeed

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 08:41:00 pm »

You are putting words into my mouth.

Put stronger magnets in them and they have a slower no load speed but higher torque.
Wind more turns on them and they work at a higher voltage and lower current.
It's swings and roundabouts but power rating is determined by materials,surface area and cooling.

The ones you have,if 540 sized, operate at low power because they probably have twice as many turns at half the wire cross sectional area as 540 or 545s.If you doubled the voltage you would get about x 4 the power or 36 watts which seems about right for a 540 size motor.

Stavros

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 11:02:28 pm »

Want a low amperage motor pulls 1.5 amps at 12v then contact MMB OK agreed they are big motors but they will do what you want and are real pussycats till provocked.Right what do I men by that well simply stick 24v through them and they become animals BUT the good thing about them is that even on that voltage all they draw is 1.2A

Stav

tight-lines

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 11:10:52 pm »

hi stavros,how do i find this mmb,,,,also the motors i posted the link too,,could you tell me if there are any good points about this motor,as i dont realy know what im looking for,,,i just know my boat is a twin hull moving 8 kilos,and would like walking speed,,thanks if you can help,thanks anyway ok2

Stavros

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 11:36:18 pm »

Ask and you will get

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=14857.0

Quiet is not the word they are soso smooth

Stav

tight-lines

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 09:18:52 am »

thanks,,they look good but i need about 7000 rpm ,i think?,,,also its just a bit to much cash at the moment,,but they do look nice,
has any one on here used the electronize motors,,,?,,,,,,i think its putting me off them knowing that,not many have them

stallspeed

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 10:16:21 am »

Electronize don't make motors.They buy them from a wholesale supplier and put a stcker on them

What is wrong with your present motors.Not enough model speed?

tight-lines

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 10:41:20 am »

Electronize don't make motors.They buy them from a wholesale supplier and put a stcker on them

What is wrong with your present motors.Not enough model speed?

the motors i have are in a boat i have took to pieces,they have been fitted very strange,there welded in in plastic,and they are fitted so that the spine of the motor exits througth a tiny little hole,and then they have welded a thicker steel tube to them with  the propblade atached to this,,,to take them out would mean probably damaging them beyond repair,,i have tried but you wouldnt belive how hard they are to get out,,,,also they are fixed in side all the melted plastic,so i cant see exactly what they are,,althougth they would probably work well,but the boat there moving weighs 3-4 kilo less?, than the boat i want to put them in?

stallspeed

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 11:15:34 am »

OK,a new boat.

A motor should be matched to the prop............High RPM- low torque motor requires a small prop (or reduction gear)............Low RPM - high torque motor requires a large prop
Is it another bait boat or model tug or speedboat and are you required to use a certain prop or can you match a prop to a given motor?

tight-lines

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 05:02:50 pm »

no i can match  what ever to what ever,i was just thinking get the motor ,fit this and propshaft,then mess about with the blades,,,
bcos i cant realy get my head around how much power i would need,,i thaught two 545 motors pushing 7 streamlined kilos of hull weight,would be a good start

tight-lines

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 06:26:08 pm »

still nobody on here used these motors?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 06:39:27 pm »

nobody on here used these motors?   

That's interesting!    {:-{
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Proteus

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 07:01:17 pm »

I have used the 12s and the  46s  the 545 12 is a five pole motor with twelve turns on each pole , it does not rev very high but is torque go on there web site and under the motor it has a graph with the revs and and size of props to use , it will turn a reasonable prop ok . the 545 -46  is a high rev motor, if you are prepaired to order enough motors they will wind whatever you want.and epoxy / balance/ballrace etc, this has been the norm in car racing for 30 years.

Proteus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.291 seconds with 22 queries.