Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery question  (Read 1601 times)

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
Battery question
« on: June 02, 2009, 02:00:59 pm »

Experts, help please:  Two batteries, one is 7.2v, 1200 mAh capacity, the other is 7.2v, 1700 mAh.  If they are subject to the same  load conditions, am I right in thinking that the battery with the greater capacity, 1700 mAh, will maintain its nominal voltage for a longer time than the other?   Thanks for your views,  Pete M
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

FullLeatherJacket

Re: Battery question
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 02:20:05 pm »

Experts, help please:  Two batteries, one is 7.2v, 1200 mAh capacity, the other is 7.2v, 1700 mAh.  If they are subject to the same  load conditions, am I right in thinking that the battery with the greater capacity, 1700 mAh, will maintain its nominal voltage for a longer time than the other?   Thanks for your views,  Pete M

That's the general idea. Dunno about the experts, though.............
FLJ

andrewh

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:28:36 pm »

Not an expert!

Does the question refer to the batterys being used seperately - ie one after the other?

Say you have a load which takes one amp exactly (385 with tiny prop). 
(Forgetting secondary effects) the  1200mah battery will run the load for 1.2 hours, and the 1700mah battery for 1.7 hours. 
For Nicad and Nimh cells this is almost literally true

have we answered what you really asked?  Is there a cunning plan you have in mind?
andrew

OMK

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:41:07 pm »

"Is there a cunning plan you have in mind?"

Who knows?
But why do I have a suspicious feeling that said batteries are intended on being connected in parallel?

Pete M, if I'm not barking up the wrong tree (or just barking), the simple answer is what you probably know already.... Don't.

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 05:52:26 pm »

I have no cunning plan, chaps.   No, they are in no way connected, used individually.   It was a genuine question which has been answered twice, albeit in different ways.   Thanks,  PeteM
I`m not just old, I`m ancient
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.