Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for references for HMS Grenville or U-class destroyers  (Read 3281 times)

Edward Pinniger

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plastic Ship Kit Previews
Looking for references for HMS Grenville or U-class destroyers
« on: October 13, 2006, 11:44:27 am »

I have the hull from a Deans Marine 1/96 HMS Grenville (WW2 Royal Navy U/V-class destroyer) kit, and am intending to scratchbuild the rest of the ship. Unfortunately, I have virtually no references for this class of ship and cannot find any via searching on the internet! I have considered buying the plans for this kit from Deans Marine (I think they're about £15) but as far as I know they do not have enough detail for building the ship from scratch, being intended more as an assembly guide. Are there any other sources of plans and/or reference photographs for this class of ship? I have already checked the Lambert Plans website.

Has anyone else built this kit? Deans Marine also produce a kit of another ship in the same class, HMS Verulam, which presumably is very similar to the Grenville kit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've been interested in large-scale static warship modelling for a couple of years now, and have just started to get into R/C modelling. I'm currently scratchbuilding a 1/96 model of HMVS Cerberus (19th century monitor/turret ship) which hopefully will be completed as a R/C model.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Looking for references for HMS Grenville or U-class destroyers
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 12:04:37 pm »

See new answers under your sales and wants post.

laserblue16

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 12:39:54 pm »

Try       http://www.xlistplans.demon.co.uk/Warships.htm

They have a 1:96 HMS GRENVILLE listed

Richard 
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Edward Pinniger

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plastic Ship Kit Previews
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 01:21:54 pm »

Apologies for the "double post", I was advised that it might be worth posting in the Warships forum section as well.

Thanks for the link to the uboat.net page (looks like a very useful reference site, will definitely bookmark it), however this is the earlier G-class HMS Grenville, sunk in 1940, the Deans Marine kit represents the later ship of the same name (which doesn't seem to be on uboat.net)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.