Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted! (preferably alive)  (Read 3593 times)

OMK

Wanted! (preferably alive)
« on: May 30, 2009, 04:56:39 pm »

Name:                       Sunnybob.
Known aliases:            Frank.
Description:                Good-looking dude with an equally good looking ship.
Whereabouts:             Unknown.
Previous convictions:   Raising dead gel-cells batteries back to life.
Favourite motto:         "I have the power!"

Gentlemen, there is a reward for anyone knowing if this man still loiters on the forum. For any would-be head-hunters out there, you are requested to let Frank know that his assistance is required... urgently!
Please contact me at your nearest PM service with any information whatsoever.

andyn

Re: Wanted! (preferably alive)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 05:21:49 pm »

OMK

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 05:29:57 pm »

Which one, because I've PM'd several - Martin included. Seems they've all gone on holiday.

andyn

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 06:08:19 pm »

Saturday is usually the quiet day on here, I think it's because people's She Who Must Be Obeyed give them jobs to do around the house so they can go out and play boats on Sunday...

OMK

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 06:25:58 pm »

Thanks, andyn - point taken.

chingdevil

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 09:30:22 pm »

As a moderator the only e-mail address I have access to is the one in Sunnybobs profile, if he is not answering that we can not help. I am not sure Martin can either

Brian

andyn

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 09:46:52 pm »

To us mere mortals his email address is hidden O0

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 02:16:01 pm »

Which one, because I've PM'd several - Martin included. Seems they've all gone on holiday.

I haven't, you must have picked the wrong ones.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

OMK

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 04:06:43 pm »

I did have a spot of trouble sending/receiving PMs recently, but thought all those problems were gone now because my PM service has suddenly started working again.

Would it be possible for a moderator to drop a message to Sunnbybob on my behalf?

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 12:55:10 am »

I'm still here, and I have not received a PM from you. Who did you try?

Sunnybob has not made a post since August last year.

Peter.

OMK

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 02:13:49 am »

Pee-wee, I had no idea you were a moderator.

Even though Sunnybob's address is hidden, I assumed that he, like everyone else, would have had to submit a valid email address in order to gain his membership. On the strength of that, I thought that maybe one of you might have been able to relay a message to him on my behalf.
The last time he and I spoken with each other was, like you say, around August last year. He offered to sell me a copy of his Olive Tree/Gwen Eagle plan. He told me that he obtained his copy from Colin Bish'. Apparently he (sunnybob) has the only remaining copy on the planet.
Since he has not posted in such a long while I guess it's fair to assume that he's gone walkabouts. Such a crying shame -- I would have been prepared to trade just about anything for a copy... and kicking my butt that I didn't grab the chance of buying when I had the chance.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 03:06:04 am »

Pee-wee, I had no idea you were a moderator.

Pee-wee??? Do you mean me, PMK? If you do, then perhaps the words "Global Moderator" below my name on each of my posts could possibly be a clue  O0

We do have an email address for sunnybob, and if you'd like me to relay a message to him, assuming the address is still active, I'd be happy to do so. Just send me a PM.

Peter.

OMK

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 06:55:45 am »

Mr. Fitness, you Sir are a star!
Yes, by all means, do please send Sunnybob a mssg for me -- I really appreciate it.
Like you say, there is perhaps a possibility that his email may be inactive. It's a long shot, but well worth a try nonetheless.
Thank you, thank you.

By the by...
Regarding the Pee-wee moniker, I truly hope it caused you no offence. My first name is the same as yours, and Pee-wee is a common/usual pronunciation over here. It's a friendly thing - not meant to undermine or cheapen or any suchlike. I've called you Pee-wee lots of times in previous post, and, as you have not mentioned it before, I just assumed you were okay with my doing so. For what it's worth, maybe you would much rather be addressed by your proper pronunciation in future.
As to the the Global Moderator title on your Avatar, I feel a bit of berk because I had not ever noticed it before. Sorry about that.

Again, a million thanks for offering to relay the message. Let's hope it works.

You take care down there.

<edit>

Oops!
This reply was supposed to have gone via a PM.
I'm not sure what the heck I done wrong, but after hitting the send button I see it ended up here instead.
Anyway, I trust you got the gist of it by now.

Thanks again.

OMK

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 07:40:28 am »

More...

I just Rx'ed a PM from TigerTiger. It seems that the Mod' guys need my permission to give my email address (data protection reasons).
No biggie -- my email should be open for all to see on the profile page anyways.

Pse just go ahead and work your magic.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 10:53:00 am »

PMK, I didn't give Sunnybob a plan. I helped him identify the model he had and sent him a scan of an illustration I had in an old modelling book by Reeve and Thomas. I can send you copies if you PM me your email.

The Gwen Eagle was one of the Shipwright Plan range which was taken over by Underhill plans many years ago. Although it's not currently listed in the on line Brown Ferguson catalogue: http://www.skipper.co.uk/catsmpnew.htm#Index they may be able to help you.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.