Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RN Dockyards  (Read 1300 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
RN Dockyards
« on: June 02, 2009, 08:24:54 pm »

As the Forum was getting a bit boring (before the Stavros posting) I spent a few minutes upgrading "Google Earth". After doing the "normal" bit of looking into my neighbours gardens and so on, I had another go at finding out where the RN and RFA ships were (from the pics, it was last summer). I was quite horrified to see how many "grey jobs" were just laid-up instead of doing what they are employed for. If I could zoom in a bit better then no doubt I would see "For Sale" signs at the gangway ends. Do we actually have any submarines, frigates or anything else capable of actually going to sea...never mind being capable of fighting.
I guess the RAF feel the same.
But with all the media attention these days being focussed on our so-called "representatives" (MPs?) I shouldn't be surprised that these sleaze-bags have been so engrossed with themselves that the "Defence of the Realm" had to take a back seat. Just, for once, can somebody please tell me what a Government is for.....without waffle.
Notes from a simple seaman

craftysod

Re: RN Dockyards
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:04:44 pm »

The reason the grey jobs are their,is so the MP's can claim them as mobile homes

RC Riviera 80

Re: RN Dockyards
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 01:37:14 pm »

{-) Hi

I regularly sail past those "grey jobs" in Portsmouth Harbour on my boat, they are often being painted to make them look new! the reason they are there is because our Government can't afford to keep them fuelled and at sea. Perhaps we will soon return to Sail Power again.

Barry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.