Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GORDON BROWN'S SAVIOUR  (Read 2187 times)

nhp651

GORDON BROWN'S SAVIOUR
« on: June 05, 2009, 10:32:17 pm »

Could the thrashing of England's 20/20 cricket team by the dutch cricket team, be the chance that the Broooon needs for some light relief from his absolute pasting by the press over the last few weeks................................nahhh, I THINK NOT, LOL {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

OMK

Re: GORDON BROWN'S SAVIOUR
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:01:49 am »

Considering that Mr. Brown snuck in through the back door, and considering that he's just a wolf in sheep clothing anyway, this business about hiring Alan Sugar shows where his true allegiance lays. For isn't Mr. Sugar the world's biggest Tory anyhow?
So now we have a Labour government spouting Conservative policies, and a bunch of Conservatives spouting 1970s Labour policies.... and a cricket team getting murdered by the Dutch.

Did someone mention a revolution?

barryfoote

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 07:44:55 am »

Let the revolution begin.. <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

Yesterday started with half the British Government resigning, The lunatic in charge then takes on yet another un elected cabinet Minister, making 3 in total. He himself has not been elected to the post, making a mockery of the word "democracy".........So, fed up to the back teeth with politics, I settled down to watch, what was a great game of cricket, between two sides determined to win. The game went right down to the last ball, with one team winning by an overthrow..Superb entertainment.....but then I realized that this was England losing to a country that only has 6 grass pitches....Congratulations to Holland, but what a state our Nation is in. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

MCR

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:16:46 am »

Just checked out the "our nation" bit are you in Spain Footski ?

barryfoote

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:35:07 am »

Just checked out the "our nation" bit are you in Spain Footski ?

.......Yes I do live in Spain, but since when has that stopped a man from being English and proud of it!! ;) ;) ;)

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 01:55:26 pm »

Dear Footski,

My thinking exactly.

The hereditary side of things I thought Labour did not like, but seemingly it's ok if they are in charge of it (like Communism used to be... everybody is equal, but some are more equal than others!!!).

As to Sir Alan Sugar, well, let's face it, someone needs to get things in order, and what better person to do it. No messing about, no nonsense tolerated, straight talking, and no beating about the bush.

I have no interest in Party Politics and the out dated dinosaur us/them system, I believe that anybody in Local or Central Govt. should only be there on the weight of their performance... if they don't perform, then they are out and someone else comes in. If someone proves themselves to be competent then they stay for as long as constituents want them to stay. As to Ministers and Pm's, this is would be up to all MP's to decide, but, don't forget, that if the Public don't like the PM (he obviously has his own constituency), then he is voted out.

Forget about Proportional Representation (we have all seen how this works in Italy), it is definitely not a solution. All we want is good basic Govt. conducted by people that we want to be there, and we the people can vote on or off. This, is called, Democracy.

Simples, yes!!!

Regards, Bernard

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 02:17:29 pm »

As to Sir Alan Sugar, well, let's face it, someone needs to get things in order, and what better person to do it. No messing about, no nonsense tolerated, straight talking, and no beating about the bush.

Wait until he has to get to grips with the mandarins in Whitehall.... We shall see
Don't Assume Check

OMK

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 02:33:59 pm »

Personally, I really cannot understand why any politician should feel that any man, woman or child actually needs them in the first place. Politicians have had it too good for too long, and maybe one day their little bubble will burst,. Perhaps then they might realise that us mere mortals are more than capable of running our own lives... and probably make a much better job of it.
All this nonsense about MPs/politicians/governments, blah, mostly came about when the Romans started throwing their weight around. Don't forget, it were the Romans that introduced taxes (among a myriad other rules and regulations that nobody really needs).

Anyone familiar with the 'Indus' race?

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 04:18:37 pm »

Did anybody see Gordon Brown refer to 'Omaha' beach as 'Obama' beach during his speech at the D Day ceremony in France?

Barak did look a little perplexed...

nhp651

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 04:36:53 pm »

malcolm...........the poor guy's brain's fried........he can't help it any more................he should go home to his wife and kids and go off on the sick for about a year on full pay,,........................it'll all be over by the time he wants to come back to work.  lol {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

OMK

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 04:47:13 pm »

Re: Brown's Omaha/Obama gaff.

Just like the time when Pres' Nixon refered to Laos as 'Lay-os', and a few squillion captured Yanks in those Vietnamese torture camps were well miffed that their leader didn't even know the correct pronunciation... let alone any hope of such a berk being able to organise a rescue party.

The same goes for our beloved leader who cannot even get a simple name right. Maybe he should take a leaf from 'Omaha' Barak's book. I mean, Barak has proved he's an out-and-out liar already, but at least his oratory skills allow him to lie with more flair than that of his UK counterpart.

barryfoote

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 05:55:46 pm »

Thank goodness I live in Spain!! >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 06:13:48 pm »

You see, George double U Bush has left his inheritance... the only ally Brown has now is the US, and somehow I think that they won't support him as they know the thinking of the GB public... dead in the water as has been said before. They are all done for... now for us to make certain of it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 22 queries.