Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About the TAMAR life boat...  (Read 2707 times)

rathikrishna

About the TAMAR life boat...
« on: November 21, 2010, 08:49:08 am »

Hai respected friends.by this time i have compleated the hull of my Tamar life boat, spans in to 40 inches,and its finished with putty.as i tried to get some pictures of that boat, i feel that this craft is based on some historic importance, especially i saw a writing, on a picture, is some of the money is transferred to a society, to help some one.i couldnt uderstand exactly about this,so, because of it, i hope i have to respect this craft more, and must build it with prayer.can anyone give me a good idea of this craft, about its origin, nature, and one serious doubt about, RNLI, will some one help me..?  its a kind request.

pugwash

Re: About the TAMAR life boat...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:02:48 am »

Rathi. I think what you are asking is the origin of the RNLI.  Well in the 1800s there were many lives being lost at sea
usually quite close to land with the smaller coastal sailing boats getting into difficulties in storms. Several wealthy Victorians
financed the design and building of large rowing boats which volunteer crews could go the rescue of vessels in destress.
Eventually this became the R.N.L.I. and they standardised the type of boats to be used in the rescues.  They designed
self-righting boats and continued until today making faster and safer boats so rescues could be made further offshore.
They did not want government money or any interference from them so it has always been funded by public donations -
some people even leave large amounts in the wills to finance a complete boat. As for the history of the various classes
of boats, I am sure someone with a greater knowledge than me will give you some information. I hope this helps.
Geoff

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 01:26:49 pm »

Pugwash..its great to hear..and i know i have to finish that craft with extreame dedication and prayer.thanks for the information.and will you expand RNLI..?

pugwash

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 01:38:45 pm »

Rathi - sorry thats the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.  Geoff

rathikrishna

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 01:43:27 pm »

Sir..a million thanks, because i was wandering through net, to get its expansion...oh...thanks again...

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tidy Bench -Tidy Mind, Messy Bench - BUSY!!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 09:22:17 pm »

This is the link to the official site of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution(RNLI).

http://www.rnli.org.uk/

Mike
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

rathikrishna

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 05:21:15 am »

Gribeauval , a million thanks for the link..god may bless you and have a nice day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.