Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Krick type V11b  (Read 3969 times)

boat captain

Krick type V11b
« on: August 28, 2008, 08:40:10 pm »

Has anybody built this kit?  If you have how did you fit a power isolating switch. :D

Wasyl

Re: Krick type V11b
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 11:23:30 pm »

Hi better late than never,if this is the Krick U25,and  is a static diver??well more of a semi static,i fitted a waterproof micro switch under one of the bollards on the deck,and used it to switch off the power, this was a lot easier than lifting off the tower and the top half,hope this helps,

Wasyl

boat captain

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 04:33:10 pm »

Hi

I ended up fitting a float switch under the fwd end, and a switch in the watertight compartment for setting up on the bench.  How does yours sail I have not managed to get her to dive correctly?

Regards  Joe

Wasyl

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 02:02:26 am »

Hi Joe,this u-boot was my first attempt,one, because i got it cheap,and two because i thought it wasa full static diver,well as you will have found out,it is,nt,according to the instruction manual,when you,re setting it up to determine the waterline,the stern of the boat should be approx 15mm out of the water,or there abouts when you flood the "tank" the boat will only partially submerge,it will not go down to cover the tower,as the volume of water that the "tank" holds is,nt heavy enough,it was, and anyway if it did go downto cover the tower,there,sa fair chance that the hull would start to implode as the bracing inside is inadequate,but apart from this,its a nice boat,and if you can live with the Almost Static dive,then it ok,

wasyl,also known as Wullie,its easier to pronounce,

gyronuts

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 04:31:38 pm »

Hi,
    You chaps may know. recently got this model off ebay. it has 2 motors and a single rudder. The planes are fixed but can be set using a screw on the underside of the hull. Is this an early krick boat? If so does anyone have any info/instructions? it runs on an 8 cell 3000nimh pack. Hope to get it on the water soon. thanks. bill

boat captain

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 08:36:50 pm »

Hi Bill

Your boat appears to be an earlier version of mine.  Jotica are the importers of Krick kits perhaps they may be able to help you.

Regards

Joe   :-))

Wasyl

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 01:51:13 pm »

Hi Bill,as Joe says, this is the 1st version of the U25,you can make the front planes moveable via a servo,i.e.servo in sealed compartment then linkage through,

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.