Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What batteries should I use  (Read 1422 times)

Andy P

What batteries should I use
« on: June 07, 2009, 09:30:46 pm »

Hi Chaps, I have recently acquired an old Caldercraft Northlight Clyde Puffer and don't know what size batteries I need to power it. There are two boxed out areas in the bottom of the hull which are 135mm x 35mm. I assumed these were for the batteries. I have checked the internet and only found one type of battery to match this size which was a Yuasa NP2.8-6V. From the wiring inside the boat it appears that the 2 batteries were wired together and that they also powered the lights. The motor has no markings on it and is quite small, about 1" diameter and 1.5" long. At some point I hope to add a sound unit of some kind, any advice on this would also be appreciated. Do these batteries sound as if they are the correct type for a relatively small boat.
Yesterday I bought a 4.8V AA-1300 powerpack for the receiver which are NiMH type batteries. Can I charge these with my old Futaba Ni-Cd charger or are they likely to explode as described in the instructions that came with them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stavros

Re: What batteries should I use
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 10:30:58 pm »

You will need a proper MINH charger try Component shop (add in traders Directory) for your charger and Batts very good prices alos John at Modle Power as well

Stav
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 19 queries.