Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RC MODEL WORKSHOP  (Read 6411 times)

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
RC MODEL WORKSHOP
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:06:44 pm »

Does anyone if these are still trading??  I went on there wbsite but it seems to be hosted out to something different?

I am after two dieasel sound units with a bit of whoomph behind them.

Many thanks

Russ

Chuffy

Re: RC MODEL WORKSHOP
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:26:08 pm »

Sadly I fear Anthony may no longer be trading, I have tried to contact him for the last month to order some more electronics but have had no luck, even his personal mobile goes unanswered.

Tried Model Solutions about two weeks ago, sent three emails over a period of seven days and no reply.

Can say no more.

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:39:52 pm »

Its a shame that no-one can keep the market going with these systems  :((

Russ

Chuffy

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 07:08:11 pm »

The RC Model Workshop unit was a good one and worked well, products like these are in many hobbies, and ours is no exception conceived , manufactured and sold by people with a passion for their hobby and a real will to help out their fellow modellers only to be let down by bad business practice, cash flow, unreasonable and stroppy customers, the list is endless!

I for one still hope that Anthony can get himself back on track, he has done this once before and pulled through and would like through the forum to say to him if he logs on to PM me.

hopeitfloats

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 09:51:12 am »

i had the same problem with model solutions too chuffy. couldnt get replies from emails. gave up in the end.

Malcolm Reade

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 10:48:01 am »

The RC Model Workshop unit was a good one and worked well, products like these are in many hobbies, and ours is no exception conceived , manufactured and sold by people with a passion for their hobby and a real will to help out their fellow modellers only to be let down by bad business practice, cash flow, unreasonable and stroppy customers, the list is endless!

I for one still hope that Anthony can get himself back on track, he has done this once before and pulled through and would like through the forum to say to him if he logs on to PM me.

Thank you for this post Chuffy.

Here at Reade Models, we have had a lot more experience than most with electronic sound units, having originally been distributors of both Jim Casey's JJC Electronics products and more recently Anthony Kirks products from RC Model Workshop.  This post is NOT intended to defend or condone either of them.

The truth is that both of these chaps have suffered from the circumstances that Chuffy has described so well.  I could add that both also suffered from an insatiable demand for their products, and given the complexity of the electronics and software, both battled with quality control issues.  Add to that the fact that electronics engineers, bright as they are, aren't always endowed with bucketfuls of business acumen.  This doesn't make them bad people.

I know that a lot of Forum members have had bad experiences with sound modules from whatever source, and having paid your money, you are entitled to the benefit of a 'fit for purpose' product.  If you bought one of these products from Reade Models and were unhappy, you have had the unit replaced.  We don't believe in unhappy customers.

I have the feeling that if both of the sound module manufacturer's concerned had concentrated on production issues, and on perfecting their products, leaving the marketing and sales to others more able, we would all probably be in a position now where we would have had a choice of different manufacturer's products, and much bigger ranges on offer?

At Reade Models, we still get calls on a daily basis asking us for JJC equipment, and also asking if we know of Jim Casey's whereabouts - we have no idea.  We also get similar calls regarding RC Model Workshop.  Anthony Kirk  is also uncontactable as far as we are concerned.

I echo Chuffy's comments regarding Anthony getting himself back on track.

Malc

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
Sound units
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 10:08:14 am »

Has anyone fitted an RC Modelworkshop sound unit?  If so does the red wire need disconnecting from the speed controller before it plugs into the sound unit?

thought i would ask before i fry it  :embarrassed:

Many thanks

Russ

david.harrison

Re: Sound units
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 07:44:22 pm »

I'm wondering if RC Model Workshop still exists as their web site (www.rcmodelworkshop.com) is just a domain name parking place.
Does anyone know?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

david.harrison

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 08:37:08 pm »

i had the same problem with model solutions too chuffy. couldnt get replies from emails. gave up in the end.

I must apologize to Chuffy and Hopeitfloats who tried to contact Model Solutions of Canada recently. We have just discovered that our email server had more aggressive spam filtering than we would have liked and several enquiries were flagged incorrectly as spam. That has been corrected now and I believe we have responded to all our enquirers. If you two genetlemen have not heard from us recently, please contact us again at info@modelsolutions.ca. We should receive your enquiry this time.

We pride ourselves on excellent pre and post sales customer support and usually respond to emails within 24 hrs.

We have just announced our new SFX6 sound module which has some unique world first features. It is now being manufactured in the assembly plant and we expect to have our first batch of units for sale about July 22nd.

Please visit our web site at : www.modelsolutions.ca/catalog_sound_systems.htm

Regards,
David Harrison
Model Solutions of Canada Ltd.
http://www.modelsolutions.ca

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 09:24:43 pm »

Topics merged.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.