Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio gear, speed controller, HELP!  (Read 11362 times)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Radio gear, speed controller, HELP!
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 10:31:17 am »

Really no such thing as a waterproof switch easily available, but Maplin ( www.maplin.co.uk ) do switches that can mount in a waterproof box and a range of water resistant switch covers for the switch lever.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

l33_garf

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 02:57:59 pm »

excellent, i didn't think of maplins realy. just ordered one.
all i need to do now is build the thing ok2

steamboatbob

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 04:01:03 pm »

be very careful with that speed controller mate they are definatly not what they are rated at i used one recently but on a higher drain motor and the whole thing went pop,

test it in a bath first

Like sit in there running for 30 mins checking the heat of the esc every min then every 5 mins after say 10 mins or so the esc's should not get hot but they will be warm to touch. If its just warm after 30 mins then you are on a winner.

have a look at my post in race leisure and sports boats for a pic of what can go wrong with them under Oh No another Slo-mo.

have fun

Steamboatbob

l33_garf

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 05:52:48 pm »

thanks for the info, will definately give it a thorough check before she goes out into the 'real' world.

its all comming along nicely at the moment, all the wiring is done bar the lighting situation, and the software with the remote is a piece of cake to use and set up the channels how i want them!
should (as long as it doesn't melt in my bath!!!) be a greatly needed improvement on the old model!
will get some pics or vid up once she is lake worthy.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.