Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black Maruader  (Read 1980 times)

andygh

Black Maruader
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:26:23 pm »

Hi
has anyone built the Black Marauder from the MB magazine plan? Anyone know if it's been featured in the magazine at any time? Advice would be appreciated
Ta

expat flyer

Re: Black Maruader
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 10:40:06 pm »

Hi,

yes, in 1967 I built a 32 inch version, scaled from the original magazine article. It was fitted with a cabin I drew from plans of the Vosper Ferocity and a Bofors gun on the foredeck. I used it regularly for over ten years before giving it to a friend who burnt it - shame.

Hull was 1/16 ply sheets steamed to shape on 1/8 frames. Cabin 1/32 ply for curves with 1/16 for the flat surfaces. A strong and stable boat that took a lot of abuse with no damage. Originally powered by an ED Racer 2.46 diesel, with home made reed radio, then a K&B 35 glow engine with a Sanwa digital radio and finally an OS 40 FSR, a really powerful engine for its time.

I still have my original drawing and think of building a new one for electric power. It was one of my best ever models. Recommended!

Jerry

andygh

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 02:11:03 am »

Thanks, I'm about halfway through building it but mine will be electric motor powered, some photos of my build

rob

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 10:05:51 am »

to my mind , there is nothing nicer than the look of a clean well made wooden frame !

well done young sir.
in my own little world
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.