Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My next build, Constructo Halifax  (Read 3796 times)

marksaab

My next build, Constructo Halifax
« on: June 11, 2009, 12:23:06 pm »

Hi All!!
Well its been a while since I posted, after completing my first wooden model, Billings Slo-Mo-Shun, I decided to one again dive in the deep end with a fully rigged period sailing ship.

Under the impression that Constructo kits were "ok" I went for a small i.e. cheap kit, and bought the Halifax for £99, initial presentation looked good...BUT when I unpacked all the box contenets and started to (try) to read the "detailed" instructions I found I was back in familiar Billings style territory!

Basically the instructions might as well say "stick all the contents together until the result looks like the box pic"! Well I'm going to stick at it and again treat the build as a learning exercise. 

This post will I hope turn into a proper build post like last time with pics etc but for I need a bit of advice, to keep it interesting I'm making some of the details parts first, although I have made the basic hull and will start planking up soon, for now I'm making the masts and spars, the kit includes just the dowel material which you have to shape to match the outline on the plan, I've done most of them but I would like to turn the shape for four of the spars.

Can anyone recommend a very small wood turning lathe? Its should ideally be only about 400mm - 2ft approx long so I can easily store it,.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Thanks

Mark

marksaab

Re: My next build, Constructo Halifax
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 01:06:59 pm »

Just re read my post and saw lots of errors! Next time I wont rush to get it done before lunch!  The edit box is not shown anymore so I cant correct it.

Sorry!

cliffweld

Re: My next build, Constructo Halifax
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 01:44:12 pm »

Hi mark,i just bought the constructo Halifax myself and was wondering how you are getting on with yours,cheers cliff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 19 queries.